Friday, 30 March 2012

Mini-Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Cinder
Marissa Meyer
Feiwel and Friends

[January 10, 2012]

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
I'm going to be totally honest with you: I don't know why I loved this book. I wish I did but...nope.

I LOVED Cinder. She was just such a fantastic character. She was strong and brave and resourceful and just total girl crush, guys. Total. Girl. Crush. And Kai? Oh Kai. I wanted more of him. I wanted ALL OF THE KAI.

I also have to give Marissa Meyer a lot of credit for such an original idea. No, Cinderella retellings aren't hard to find, but a retelling like this? Fairy tales and sci-fi? More, please. Much, much more. I really don't even like the Cinderella story ("Girl lost her shoe? Well, I don't remember ANYTHING ABOUT HER, but I lovez her so let me go find a girl who can fit into this shoe because obviously ONLY ONE GIRL'S FOOT CAN FIT IN THESE. THAT'S HOW SHOES WORK."), but Marissa Meyer made it happen. 

As it's almost one in the morning and I read this book over 2 months ago, that's the best review I can give you. Sorry guys! But really, pick this one up. It's unique and awesome and full of kick assery.

And if you STILL don't believe me, I have a sample of the audiobook to share with you guys!

 

 
--Julie

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Cinder! I read it a few months ago, and my mind is still all 'fjfsiadsf'.

    Also, ALL THE KAI is good. He's pretty. I liked him. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.