Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: From Lanna's Wishlist

I don't normally do Waiting on Wednesday posts, it's usually Julie that does them, but I was making a list of books I most want to read this year and...yeah, here are some of them:


by Kerry Drewery


Release date: June 7th 2012

Summary: A beautiful love story and contemporary fairytale set against the backdrop of the Iraq war, this stunning and moving novel will break your heart, only to put it back together again…

This is the story of Lina, a teenage girl from Baghdad. It starts in 2003, as the bombs begin to fall on the city.

In it, Lina fights to survive, to find a life for herself amid the chaos of war, to find what happened to her mother in the years before the war, when she was taken away by the secret police. She also falls in love, with the one person she should never have fallen in love with.

It is many things. It is a love story, both for a country and for a person. It is about an amazing girl, growing up in the worst circumstances imaginable. It contains a necklace, that was lost but might still be found. And that is all we can say, without ruining this extraordinary and beautiful modern fairy tale…

I've been dying to read this one since I first heard about it last year in an email from the publisher. I love reading books set in the Middle East and books that have love stories set during wars and those sorts of books, at least the ones I find, are rarely YA but this one is and just...I want it. 


by Lurlene McDaniel

Release date: 24th of July 2012

Summary: At 7:45 a.m. on the day before Thanksgiving break, a bomb goes off at Edison High. Nine people die instantly. Fifteen are critically injured. Twenty-two suffer less severe injuries. And one is blinded. Those who survive, struggle to cope with the loss and destruction. All must find new meaning for their lives as a result of something they may never understand.

I read a few Lurlene McDaniel books when I was younger and wasn't particularly interested in reading anymore, they were very...Lifetime movie-ish but the summary of this one caught my interest.

And the next two are sequels so I'll just show the pretty covers and link the titles to their goodreads pages and I'll add links to the first books too in case anyone wants to check out the series.


by Kelly Creagh

Release date: August 28th 2012


I want this one so badly, the wait feels like forever. I got my best friend to read the first book and she loved it too. The first book was fantastic, seriously. Loved the characters, loved the plot, loved the fact that the story was a fantasy woven around Edgar Allen Poes stories, just lovelovelove.

by Melina Marchetta

Release date: October 2012 (that's the Australian release date, the US will probably be later but I buy the Aussie versions because patience is a virtue I'm extremely lacking)

Goodreads page for Finnikin of the Rock
(book one in the Lumatere Chronicles)

There are no words that could accurately convey just how desperately I want this book. Melina Marchetta is one of my top three favourite authors of all time and this series is brilliant and the way the second book ended...I just need the final book in my life now.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. I have actually read Red Heart Tattoo already, and I wasn't that impressed. The story and the characters were good, but the book was too short for any of it to really get developed much..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've seen mixed reviews for it and a lot of the more negative ones have said it's too short, it's still a book I'd like to check out for myself though and I'm not going into it with high expectations. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.