Monday, 2 April 2012

Breaking Down the Monster: April TBR Pile

For those who don't know what Breaking Down the Monster is, click here.


So I haven't done one of these in a while and I'm in a reading funk (plus stuff just keeps getting in the way anytime I plan to read) so I figured I'd do one of these posts in the hope that giving myself a target will get me reading more.

I've chosen 13 books and the chances of me reading all 13 are pretty slim (because the majority of the decorating is done so I'll be moving into my flat this month), but the books I do manage to read in April will be chosen from these - so let me know what you think of them? Have you read any of them? Are any in your to read pile? Is there any of them in particular that you'd like to see a review of (and maybe those will get priority)?

Anyway, these are the books for April (assuming no review books show up and take priority):

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Julie recommended it, everyone gushes about it - but faeries aren't really my kind of thing so I kept putting it off.

Unravelling by Elizabeth Norris

This one is actually a review book but it sounds good.

Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty

Highly praised Aussie author that I haven't read yet, decided to change that.

The Basic Eight by Daniel Handler

It's the dude who wrote A Series of Unfortunate Events and it's described as being like the movie Heathers, which I love...

Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken

High fantasy wasn't really my thing, but Melina Marchetta's book gave me a craving for it.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I've had a lot of false starts with this book - I'm pretty sure I'll love it if I can just get through the whole thing without putting it down.

Legend by Marie Lu
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

Haven't been in much of a dystopian mood, but I have these two and they sound good.

Northern Lights by Philip Pullman (a.k.a. The Golden Compass)

This series never appealed to me but so many people have said it's awesome that I decided to try it. But I stupidly read spoilers for the last book and so I know how it ends - not looking forward to that.

An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

I love John Greens books, this is the only one I haven't read and I'm not sure why, I've owned it since it came out.

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

I need to read some more sequels, so I threw these two in.

Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey

Forgot to put that one in the picture, but I loved her other book.

And that's all. What is in your TBR pile this month?


4 comments:

  1. The only one I read was Brightly Woven and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Feeling Sorry for Celia! Good luck with breaking down your pile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely recommend The Iron King. It is one of my absolute favorite series. Legend by Marie Lu isn't too bad and I haven't read Jekel Loves Hyde, but I did read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey and I loved it, so if it is anything like that it is worth it.

    -Jessica @ Chapter Chicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll read The Iron King first, I haven't seen anyone say anything negative about it yet, it's probably going to be one of those books that I'll want to kick myself for not reading it sooner. =P

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.