Thursday, 12 April 2012

Jekel Loves Hyde by Beth Fantaskey


Jekel Loves Hyde
by Beth Fantaskey


Summary: Jill Jekel has always obeyed her parents rules; especially the one about never opening the mysterious, old box in her father's office. But when her dad is murdered, and her college savings disappear, she's tempted to peek inside, as the contents might be the key to a lucrative chemistry scholarship.

To improve her odds, Jill enlists the help of gorgeous, brooding Tristen Hyde, who has his own dark secrets locked away. As the team of Jekel and Hyde, they recreate experiments based on the classic novel, hoping not only to win a prize, but to save Tristen's sanity. Maybe his life. But Jill's accidental taste of a formula unleashes her darkest nature and compels her to risk everything, even Tristen's love just for the thrill of being . . . bad.
So I really loved the authors other book, Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, but this one just didn't do anything for me. It wasn't bad, I did sort of like it...but it was forgettable and it didn't make me care or get under my skin, I didn't really enjoy reading it and it left me with a kind of - meh feeling.

There isn't a whole lot I can say about it really. The plot was pretty predictable, only one aspect of it surprised me; the idea was original, I did like that, but it just didn't impress me much. The characters - didn't love them, didn't hate them... I just didn't particularly care about either of them and so I wasn't invested in what happened to them.

The romance - I don't really have anything to say about it. The romance in the authors other book was awesome, it hooked me and it was swoon-worthy and I was totally swept up by it - none of that happened in this book. I just...didn't care, the characters individually were kind of bland to me and together they weren't any better.

I would understand if people loved the book, it just wasn't my kind of thing. If I don't find myself caring about the characters then the chances of me loving a book are pretty small.

I'd rate it 2 stars out of 5 (maybe 2.5, if I'm being generous - it just didn't leave a lasting impression and I didn't enjoy it, I'll probably have forgotten I even read it within a few days). I found a couple of positive reviews on goodreads of people who did love it if you want to check those out: here and here.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.