Friday, 25 May 2012

In Your Room by Jordanna Fraiberg

In Your Room
Jordanna Fraiberg
Razorbill
[October 16, 2008]

Molly and Charlie have fallen head over heels in love- even though they've never met. Molly is a fashion-conscious city girl in L.A. Charlie is an earthy, mountain-biking dude from Boulder, Colorado. Each of them has big plans with their respective friends for the summer, until they discover that their parents decided to swap houses!

Luckily there's no amount of homesickness that a bit of snooping can't cure. Charlie and Molly begin crawling under beds and poking around in closets to find out a little more about each other, and they like what they find.

Can Charlie and Molly's long-distance romance survive jealousy, misunderstandings and the thousand miles between them?

MTV's Room Raiders meets You've Got Mail in this sweet, old-fashioned love story for the digital age. . . .
This book? Five kinds of adorable.

I loved Molly and Charlie. They were both sweet and fun characters. I loved how much they changed while they were spending time in each others rooms. Both were kind of single minded with this is what I like and I can't believe I'm leaving it for a summer thinking. But they spent a summer talking and learning and having new experiences and they came out better for it.

I loved their relationship too. It was honest and real and their looks honestly didn't matter and I thought that was wonderful. How many times do we read a book and hear about how attractive the love interest is? Isn't that always how the relationship starts? Well that wasn't an option in this book, which made it immediately stand out.

Charlie and Molly also had some family/personal problems that were touched on, too. That kinda balance is always good, you know?

I know this is a pretty crappy endorsement, but I read this in February, so it's kind of blurry in my memory. I DO know that I loved this book a whole lot and y'all should pick it up.

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this book and I want the author to write more!!! It was just such a good, interesting book. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.