Monday, 30 July 2012

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Before I Fall
Lauren Oliver
HarperTeen
[March 2, 2010]

What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last.

The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. Living the last day of her life seven times during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death—and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.
A lot of people I really respect raved about this book but...ehh. Maybe it was all the hype, but Before I Fall just didn't stick with me.

Samantha was obviously very irritating at first. I didn't like her. As the story went on, I started to like her more, but first impressions, guys. Sometimes we just can't get past them, you know?

The story itself was pretty interesting. I know there are books like this out there, but I'd never read one before. So to me, it was different. I liked seeing how each new scenario affected Samantha and her life and it did make me think for a little bit about every action we do and how it changes things.

And it was really well written. I can never deny that Lauren Oliver really is a fantastic writer. I've read all but one of her currently released books and she's honestly an incredible author who certainly deserves to be widely published and loved.

But honestly, Before I Fall isn't my kind of book. It may have had some impact when I read it months ago, but now I can barely remember reading it and only have a vague idea of everything that happens in the story. It was just...a book that I read earlier this year. And that's all, honestly.

Many people loved this book. They hardcore fangirl and push this book. I'm just not one of those readers. I enjoyed it while I read it, but it was just one of those "meh" books for me.

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. This is my second time reading this book, and I cry every time. it's officially my favorite book for many reasons, but the most important being that it teaches you the meaning of change, and how it can happen to you..

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.