Sunday, 22 July 2012

Book Haul (126)

Julie:

So...I can't explain what happened this week. I only meant to order a copy of A World Away and then...things kinda spiraled from there.

Purchased:
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame
A World Away by Nancy Grossman
Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas
The Duke is Mine by Eloisa James
Wicked Becomes You by Meredith Duran
A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare (ebook)
With Seduction in Mind by Laura Lee Guhrke (ebook)

Won:
Endlessly by Kiersten White

For Review:
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
The Demon Catchers of Milan by Kat Beyer (via Netgalley)
The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson
Erasing Time by C.J. Hill
The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna
Over You by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus
Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff

Err...oops?

I'm not going to have a complete week for you guys next week. I leave for vacation on Friday and while I love you, I don't love you enough to go down to the lobby for WiFi and add anything I purchased at the bookstore on Saturday. 

I'm going to the bookstore later today, but hopefully there's not much more than that? I've decided to close myself to reviews for the most part. I'll really only be taking on a couple of books that I'm REALLY anticipating if I've got a lot of time before release. And also I'll probably be buying a ridiculous amount of books once I'm at my vacation place so...there's that.

And that whole college thing that I'll now be leaving for in less than a month. That too.

So, there you go. That's my week in books. How was yours?

--Julie

Lanna:


For review:

Now is Good by Jenny Downham (originally released as Before I Die)

I've always been on the fence about reading this one. I want to read it, but I don't really like reading books about cancer, but since I've got it now, I'll give it a chance. There's a movie being released starring Dakota Fanning based on the book (which is why there's a new title and movie cover). 

Here's the trailer:






Bought:

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (well, I got the UK version which has a different cover and is released as The Gathering Dark)
As You Desire by Connie Brockway - Not really my usual kind of book but someone recommended it.
Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson - Julie recommended this one and the authors blog is hilarious so the book is bound to be entertaining.
And, uh, don't judge me - I totally bought the complete collection of Winnie the Pooh stories and poems by A. A. Milne. Nostalgia got the best of me, and seriously, he's such a wise yet oblivious bear!

Later.

3 comments:

  1. You both got SO MANY awesome books! I'm currently reading Code Name Verity and it's pretty good (it shouldn't be as funny as it is but..it's really good!)

    ~Kailia @ Reading the Best

    ReplyDelete
  2. All These Things I've Done + Shadow and Bone are great. I've heard Falling Kingdoms is amazing, too.

    Hope you both enjoy everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on winning Endlessly! I'm meeting Kiersten White on Tuesday!!

    Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.