Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Safe House and Sanctuary by Meg Cabot

Note: this is the 3rd and 4th book in the 1-800-Where-R-You series.

Safe House & Sanctuary
by Meg Cabot


Summary: Ever since Jess was struck by lightning, she’s had the power to find missing people. And everyone wants a piece of her powers....

In Safe House, Jess and her psychic abilities are being blamed for the murder of Amber, a beloved cheerleader. But when more cheerleaders start disappearing, Jess may be able to save her reputation by finding the murderer—before it’s too late.

In Sanctuary, the government has always been after Jess for her abilities, but working for the enemy becomes inevitable as Jess tries to track down a local boy who is linked to a militia group. Now with the FBI supposedly on her side, Jess isn’t sure whom to trust and whom to run from.... 

So I was in the middle of reading a book, but it was boring me so I put it down. I picked up a different book, got one chapter in and put it down. Then another book. Then, with the next one, I just glared at the cover. They weren't even bad books, I just - couldn't seem to bring myself to read anything. Until these books.

I loved the first two books in the series and these two were just as awesome. They're fun, they keep me entertained all the way through and leave me smiling and immediately wanting to read the next one (which I did - lack of sleep is the only reason I didn't go straight onto the last book).

The romance in the books, it's adorable. Rob is awesome (can I keep him? he's one of those guys who have all the best qualities of a bad boy while actually being a good guy). But, the thing is, while the romance is consistently there in the books, it's always just like - background noise as part of the bigger plot and I liked that a lot.

The plot of Safe House - parts of it were predictable and easy to guess early on, but it still kept me interested all the way through. The next book - didn't like the plot as much, but it may just be because a murder mystery straight after reading a murder mystery set in the same town with the same characters didn't work as well, I'd probably have enjoyed it more if I waited a while before reading the next one. It was still really good though.

I - can't really think of anything else to say about the books really, they totally brought the cute and fun and quirky. I love the Mediator series, but this one definitely holds its own in comparison.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. When I get like that, I read a few short stories to set my reading fire going.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.