Sunday, 26 August 2012

Book Haul (130)

Julie:

Remember when I was all "Book buying will be slowing down! Less hauls!" Well...that hasn't gone too well so far. But...I'm trying?

Loaned:
Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis
Christmas in Lucky Harbor by Jill Shalvis
Lucky in Love by Jill Shalvis
At Last by Jill Shalvis
Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis

Massive thanks to Mitali and brought these to me as a welcome-to-NYC gift. They all seem awesome and I'm looking forward to reading them!

Purchased:
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

I had a copy of this, as some may remember. But when I shipped it to get signed, it disappeared forever. So, when I found a copy at The Strand, I had to get it. And yes, I went to Books of Wonder AND The Strand and walked out with one book.

How did your week go?

--Julie

Lanna: 

First of all: I am so failing at blogging recently. I'm not sure if it's an issue with me (likely) or the books I've been trying to read, but I'm just finding it ridiculously hard to finish books recently. Seriously, there's a stack of like 8 books beside me that I've started in the past two weeks but none are hooking me and just... it's driving me nuts.

Not sure if I've just been reading the wrong books or if it's just because things have been happening that have stressed me out to the point where I can't concentrate, but - yeah, I'm working on it.

...Just wanted to explain that. And to point out how awesome Julie has been, because she's been keeping the blog updated. Anyway, onto the book haul part:


 For review:

Secrets, Lies and Locker 62 by Lil Chase - Not really my kind of thing, but I'll give it a try.

Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs - Sounds awesome.

Bought:

A Note of Madness and A Voice in the Distance, both by Tabitha Suzuma - I think these may be companion novels or a one is the sequel to the other? Not sure. Tabitha is awesome though, so I wanted to check out her other books.

Size 12 is Not Fat
and Size 14 is Not Fat Either, both by Meg Cabot - It's actually a bind up that I got. Blame Julie for me getting those, she made me want to read them even though I had no desire to do so before.

Death Watch
by Ari Berk - I think I saw this one on the ChapterChicks youtube? Maybe? Not sure, but it looked interesting.



I also got a few Kindle books (note: I don't have a Kindle, just the computer app - I hate reading e-books, but I caved with these ones):




Lie Down in Darkness by William Styron - I've been meaning to read this one for ages, I actually ordered a copy but it got lost in the post so I just got the e-book this time (plus, I want to read it now because there's rumours Kristen Stewart is meant to play in the movie version and I want to read the book before her being linked to it puts me off).

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire - I've heard awful things about this book, which is off putting and bad things about the author, which is even more off putting but then I saw a few good reviews and decided to give it a chance.

Jenny Pox
by JL Brian - Someone in a LJ community I'm a member of recommended this (can't remember, it may have been a free one? Not sure.)

Sound Bites: A Rock and Roll Love Story
by Rachel K. Burke

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.