Monday, 13 August 2012

The Demon Trappers: Foretold by Jana Oliver

The Demon Trappers: Foretold
by Jana Oliver

Summary: Riley’s always known that Beck had a chequered history, but she’s not prepared for what it actually means to be in love with a guy with this many dark secrets. Now that he’s finally admitted to himself that he’s in love with her too, there’s no more hiding the truth about his past. And as it turns out, fending off a demon apocalypse is nothing compared to what’s to come...

So, as I've probably mentioned in reviews of the previous books in this series, these books contain two of my writing pet peeves: accents (particularly Scottish ones) written phonetically and alternating points of view. A book ticking two of my pet peeve boxes and me loving it anyway? Sign of an awesome book.

I adore this series and I loved how it ended in this book - I was smiling like a total dork through quite a bit of it (okay, mostly because the romance in this one was pure adorable and what I've wanted to happen from book one started happening).

There isn't a whole lot I can say without giving spoilers. I love the characters, Riley is fierce but kind of normal girl at the same time and I love that. And Beck - well, he's lovely, I'd like to keep him. The side characters were great too, and Jana Oliver is one of those authors that can make me hate characters and then have it switch to love and back again, they're never all good or all bad, they all have their flaws and merits. And the setting - loved it. I love how real the world felt, even though it had angels and demons and all those sorts of things roaming around.

This is probably the shortest review I've written on this blog, but that's all I can think to say. This is a really awesome series, I'd rate it 4 or 4.5 stars out of 5 (both the book and the series as a whole).

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.