Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Blog Tour: An Interview with Kat Zhang, Author of What's Left of Me

Hello readers! Today I have an awesome treat in that the author of What's Left of Me, Kat Zhang, stopped by to answer a few questions!

1.) School is exhausting and time consuming. How do you balance school and writing/revising/editing/querying/every other step in publishing?

It can be hard sometimes! College is made for all nighters, though, right? ;) It really is a balancing act, though--sometimes I can't spend as much time as I'd like on one aspect of my life because I need more time for the other.

In the end, though, I just love writing so much, and I feel really fortunate to have a book coming out, and everything that going along with that. It can get stressful, but I've always liked to be busy, and in the end, I wouldn't have it any other way :)
 
2.) Would you want to see What's Left of Me as a movie someday? Anything in particular you'd like in this movie?

Yes, I'd love to! I adore seeing stories told through different media, and it would be really interesting to see how WHAT'S LEFT OF ME could be expressed through film. 

I'm not the type to demand that a film follow a book down to the very last scene, but I do like to have the same "spirit" to the film, you know? :)
 
3.) Five books you would recommend bring with you on a stranded island?

1. How to Survive on a Deserted Island (Supplies Included)
2. Complete Works of Shakespeare (because if you're going to be re-reading something over and over again, it might as well be Shakespeare, right? :P)
3. Notebook (for writing!)
4. ...

...I'm so bad at this question, haha. I can't pick!! Can I just bring a solar-powered kindle? ;)
 
4.) What do you do when you're not writing/revising/editing/etc?

If I'm not writing or doing school things, I mostly just chill with friends. I perform Spoken Word poetry, and I really love being on stage. Though I haven't actually done any plays or anything like that, I'd like to try in the future! :) I also like to run, and basically wander around town ;)
 
5.) What's one book you wish you could've written?

Right now, EVERY DAY by David Levithan. I haven't actually read it, yet, but that idea!! I wish I'd thought of it! Haha :)

Thanks for having me!
 
 
 
It was a pleasure to have you, Kat!
 
What's Left of Me
Kat Zhang
HarperTeen
[September 18, 2012]
 
Eva and Addie started out the same way as everyone else—two souls woven together in one body, taking turns controlling their movements as they learned how to walk, how to sing, how to dance. But as they grew, so did the worried whispers. Why aren’t they settling? Why isn’t one of them fading? The doctors ran tests, the neighbors shied away, and their parents begged for more time. Finally Addie was pronounced healthy and Eva was declared gone. Except, she wasn’t…
 
For the past three years, Eva has clung to the remnants of her life. Only Addie knows she’s still there, trapped inside their body. Then one day, they discover there may be a way for Eva to move again. The risks are unimaginable–hybrids are considered a threat to society, so if they are caught, Addie and Eva will be locked away with the others. And yet…for a chance to smile, to twirl, to speak, Eva will do anything.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.