Sunday, 30 September 2012

Book Haul (134)

...I did warn you I was going to the Brooklyn Book Fest, right?

Purchased:
The Diviners by Libba Bray (finished hardcover, SIGNED!!!!! YES I FINALLY MET LIBBA *dies from happiness - Brooklyn Book Fest)
How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling (ebook for Kindle - Amazon)
Huntress by Malinda Lo (finished paperback - Brooklyn Book Fest)
Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake (finished hardcover - Brooklyn Book Fest)
Sass and Serendipity by Jennifer Ziegler (finished hardcover - Brooklyn Book Fest)
Pride and Popularity by Jenni James (finished paperback - Brooklyn Book Fest)
The Shoemaker's Wife by Adriana Trigani (finished paperback - Brooklyn Book Fest)
A Tale Dark and Grimm by Adam Gidwitz(finished paperback - Brooklyn Book Fest)
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger (finished paperback - Brooklyn Book Fest)
Go the F**k to Sleep by Adam Mansbach (finished hardcover - Brooklyn Book Fest)
All My Friends Are Dead by Avery Monsen and Jory John (finished hardcover - Brooklyn Book Fest)
All My Friends Are Still Dead by Avery Monsen and Jory John (finished hardcover - Brooklyn Book Fest)
Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles (finished hardcover, signed - Brooklyn Book Fest)
If I Lie by Corrine Jackson (finished hardcover - Strand Bookstore)
Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone (finished hardcover - Strand Bookstore)
In Honor by Jessi Kirby (ARC - Strand Bookstore)
The Story of Us by Deb Caletti (ARC - Strand Bookstore)

...I'm gonna justify this by saying majority of these books were way cheaper than their usual price. Sass and Serendipity and Pride and Popularity were both only $5. The Shoemaker's Wife was only $12. The two hardcovers from Strand were half off. And since my last two purchases were ARCs (which makes me feel icky, but I could not get 4 hardcovers without dying inside, half priced or not. Plus, if I really like them, I'll buy a finished copy anyway. If I don't, I'll pass on the ARC to someone who should have it.), they were really cheap.

I also got my copy of Burn for Burn signed. Picked up a signed poster at that event that's also signed. I also got quite a bit of bookmarks and things from Brooklyn Book Fest, including a signed poster with the three boys from the Perfect Chemistry series trailers on it.

So, yeah. Things should actually slow down after this. The only bookish events I know I'm doing are ComicCon and the J.K. Rowling event after this. I might also swing by a signing on Tuesday, but I have to go to the opera, so if I do, I won't stay long. And I have some Amazon gift cards, which may lead to me picking up some books that are on sale, but since it's not my actual money, I won't feel bad about it.

So...umm...do any of you want to share your shame? What review books showed up this week for you since I don't have access to any that showed up for me? How's life going while I've been an awful blogger?

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Wowza, you got A LOT OF books. Wish I could buy this many books! All of them are pretty awesome! I got The Diviners this week to and it is HUGE! I can't wait to read them though!

    ~Kailia @ Reading the Best of the Best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing haul! I can't wait to read Sass and Serendipity or A Tale Dark and Grimm.

    Have a great time at the J.K. Rowling event! I can't even begin to express how jealous I am.

    Here's my Book Haul for the week.
    http://www.consumedbybooks.com/2012/09/book-haul-53-and-what-are-you-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are exceptions when you go to book fests or fairs or whatnot-that is the time to celebrate your love of reading and bring on the books! As long as you give them attention, what's the harm ;) I may be a bit of a bad influence...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.