Sunday, 7 October 2012

Book Haul (135)

Julie: 

...Oops again?

Purchased:
Being Friends with Boys by Terra Ellan McVoy (ARC purchased from Strand)
Into the Wild by Sarah Beth Durst (paperback purchased from Strand)
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Mar (hardcover purchased from Strand)
In the Shadow of the Lamp by Susanne Dunlap (hardcover purchased from Strand)
Nightspell by Leah Cypess (hardcover purchased from Strand)
Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi (ebook purchased from Amazon)
What I Did for a Duke by Julie Anne Long (ebook purchased from Amazon)

...Other?:
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross (hardcover from Egmont)
Spies and Prejudice by Talia Vance (ARC from Egmont)
Nobody by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (ARC from Egmont)
The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride (hardcover from Egmont)
Notes from Ghost Town by Kate Ellison (ARC from Egmont)
Human .4 by Mike Lancaster (paperback from Egmont)
The Future We Left Behind by Mike Lancaster (hardcover from Egmont)

I'd say this'll stop but...ComicCon is next weekend...so yeah.

To be fair, I only paid for 5 books out of pocket this week so, yay me? The ebooks were both paid for with gift cards and the others are because I went out to dinner with fabulous Editor Alison from Egmont and we met at her office and she let me take from the shelves because she's a wonderful human being. And the Strand happened because I was showing a friend around Manhattan and how can I not take a book-lover to see the Strand?

And then...ComicCon's going to happen. I'm going Friday and Sunday because Saturday was already sold out by time I was 100% sure I could go. So next week's haul will only have Friday's books and anything that shows up in the mail. I'm not expecting anything, but I never know with the mail.

So...how's it going for you?

--Julie

Lanna:



For Review:

Darkness, Be My Friend by John Marsden
Mystic City by Theo Lawrence

Can't wait to read those two.

Bought:

Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

I love the mini-series adaption of this, starring Kiera Knightley, but I've never read the book, decided to change that.
 

And I think that's all I got (well, I think I got a few e-books too but I can't remember which ones and it never feels like I own e-books, so I never add them to my shelfari or really include them in book hauls). Anyway, what'd you guys get this week?

Later.

2 comments:

  1. How can you fit all of those books in your dorm room Julie?!

    I didn't know Keira had been in a mini-series so I might have to check it out! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now there's four piles on my desk (one is for school books), another on the floor next to my desk, a bag of books next to my desk, one pile under the bed of books I'm bringing home next time, and a box under my bed with books from home and some room for the new books.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.