Tuesday, 2 October 2012

From What I Remember by Stacey Kramer

From What I Remember
by Stacey Kramer


Summary: KYLIE: Mexico? What a nightmare I should be putting the finishing touches on my valedictorian speech. Graduation is TODAY Wait Is this a wedding band on my finger 

MAX: It started with Kylie's laptop and a truck full of stolen electronics and it ended in Ensenada. It was hot, the way she broke us out like some chick in an action movie. But now we're stranded here, with less than twenty-four hours before graduation. 


WILL: Saving Kylie Flores from herself is kind of a full-time occupation. Luckily, I, Will Bixby, was born for the job. And when I found out she was stuck in Mexico with dreamy Max Langston, sure, I agreed to bring their passports across the border - but there's no reason to rush back home right away. This party is just getting started. 


LILY: This cannot be happening. It's like some cruel joke. Or a bad dream. I close my eyes and when I reopen them, they're still there. Max and Kylie Flores, freak of the century. In bed together. If Kylie thinks I'm giving him up without a fight, she's dead wrong
This is going to be a pretty short review, because I don't have much to say about this book.

I was really freaked out about something and needed a distraction, something light and fun, and so I read this and it did the job.

The plot could be a bit predictable, some of the characters got annoying at times or were a bit too stereotypical, but none of that mattered to me really. It kept my mind off what was bothering me, I was hooked from start to finish. The romance was sweet, I really liked Max and Kylie, and it was entertaining.

Will I remember that I even read it months from now? Probably not, it didn't get under my skin at all for that to happen really, but I enjoyed reading it. I'd rate it 3.5 stars out of 5 (4, if I rate it purely on how much I enjoyed reading it - and if I'd rated it just after reading it, it may have been 4 or 4.5 but it's one of those books that you can love while reading, love just after you finish but give it a day or two and your feelings dim a little).

The only thing that bugged me a lot was that it had one of my writing pet peeves of alternating POV's. Two of them, I was hooked by and loved (Kylie and Max), one I was just kind of indifferent/sometimes annoyed by (Will), one I hated (Lily), and the other one... the character was interesting (Jake), but I just had no interest in reading his chapters, they weren't fun to read and considering I read the book for the fun aspect, those bugged me. I just didn't find all those POV's to be necessary and would rather just have had Max and Kylie but it doesn't matter too much really, overall, I still liked the book.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this book doesn't leave much of an impression although it was fun enough while reading if you can suspend your disbelief, which was tested in my case with some of the events!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.