Sunday, 4 November 2012

Book Haul 139

Lanna:
So, it's been a while since I've done one of these, and I was going to record a book haul video but I feel like hell today, so I just took pictures (also means no goodreads links, because all I really want to do today is alternate between sleeping and watching Disney movies until I feel better). But anyway, books I got:
These are books I've gotten in the past month or so, not all from this week. Read any of them? Like them? Hate them? What'd you guys get this week?

Also, I'm doing NaNoWriMo again this year so I probably won't be reading much this month, which means I won't be reviewing much (I haven't been reviewing or reading all that much for the past couple of months really, I miss it). Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo? I know Julie is. If you are, how's it going so far? (Luckily I got off to a good start, I'm close to 15K already, meaning I don't have to write today while ill if I don't want to.)

And now I'm going to go back into my cocoon of blankets and watch Tangled or Beauty and the Beast.



Later.

Julie:

So, even in the face of disaster...I still spent money on books. 

I'm fine, my family is fine. My grandma lost power, but her neighbors hooked her up with a generator, giving her everything but heat. Finally on Friday, she caved and moved into my room back home. I've been stuck uptown most of the week, but it's probably better than being literally stranded or flooded or worse. 

Yesterday, I ventured downtown, took a subway as far as I could, then walked 20 blocks to Strand. My mission was one book (that wasn't where it was supposed to be, so Danielle and I had to hunt for it.) and that...didn't go well. But I mean...they'd been closed for 5 days! Putting money into the store and the neighborhood was important! 

Purchased:
Black City by Elizabeth Richards (hardcover purchased at the Strand Bookstore)
Venom by Fiona Paul (hardcover purchased at the Strand Bookstore)
Taken by Storm by Angela Morrison (hardcover purchased at the Strand Bookstore)
Bloody Jack by L.A. Meyer (paperback purchased at the Strand Bookstore)
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi (paperback purchased at the Strand Bookstore)
The Treachery of Beautiful Things by R.F. Long (hardcover purchased at the Strand Bookstore)
Eon by Alison Goodman (paperback purchased at the Strand Bookstore)
Seduced by a Pirate by Eloisa James (ebook purchased from Amazon)
A Night Like This by Julie Quinn (ebook purchased from Amazon)

But next weekend I will...probably not buy any books. I may end up buying like...one. MAYBE two. But...they're paperback? 

The weekend after that, a bookstore in Brooklyn called powerHouse Arena is having a huge sale. Donations, author visits/signings, musicians, and books galore. They lost about $50,000 worth of books due to flooding and are trying to get back some of that money. My roommate and I will be going and if you can go, you should too.

How did your week go? Everyone okay?

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. What was the one book you had to hunt for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Venom. Their website said they had 8 in stock on Friday, but there were none in the YA section. So we went to the desk and ask and were directed downstairs where there was 1 in the mystery section. Then we had to ask another person where the other 7 were and she lead us through a few aisles and then finally downstairs to the basement where the other 7 were.

      Delete
  2. I loooved The Raven Boys, so YAY! I hope you love it! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.