Monday, 31 December 2012

13 Books I Should've Gotten to in 2012

A LOT of excellent sounding books came out this year that I didn't get to, even though they made my TBR pile. Tragic, isn't it? So, here's (some) of those books. Feel free to comment and yell at me so I know which books to get in first in 2013!

Last Rite by Lisa Desrochers: The last book in the series! I think I've had this book since the very beginning of the year, maybe even 2011. Despite this, never got to pick it up.

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver: I know, I know, and I LOVED Delirium too! Especially with that ending! I only just got a copy for Christmas, so I'm one step closer!

Fever by Lauren DeStefano: Another sequel to a book I adored that didn't get to be read. Lanna even sent me a copy from the UK earlier this year then I bought a hardcover at Strand and STILL not read. *sigh* I know.

Through to You by Emily Hainsworth: I was so psyched for this debut, I think I even have an egalley. It sounded so awesome! But...didn't happen.

The Story of Us by Deb Caletti: I've read some Caletti books and really liked them. Most of her story lines don't really appeal to me, but this one did. I was even able to pick up an ARC at Strand! But still, it sits, unread.

A Million Suns by Beth Revis: I know, I know, another sequel! I'm so bad at sequels. I got a signed copy of this at ComicCon and I HAVE to read it super soon because I also got a copy of Shades of Earth while there...yeah.

The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa: Again, I LOVE Julie's books and I was psyched to read this one. I got an egalley, I got an ARC, I was on the blog tour, yet still it sits, neglected, on my TBR pile.

In Honor by Jessi Kirby: I absolutely adored Moonglass and that wasn't my kind of book. But In Honor? TOTALLY IS my type of book. So add in my kind of book with a writer I already love...why isn't this book in my brain yet?!?

Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill: This was one of those contemporaries that was kind of under the radar but I was super psyched about and got an egalley for and then...never read. I'm pretty sure Mitali wanted to crucify me when I told her.

Every Day by David Levithan: So...I had started the egalley I had for this one and for some reason I can't remember, I had to stop like half way through. Then I went to his signing, got a nice, signed, finished copy, and still haven't picked it back up. I might have to start over by time I actually do.

The Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone: I wanted this book soooooooo badly. Comparisons to The Time Traveler's Wife were thrown around and it's a little known fact, but that is one of my FAVORITE books. I was thrilled to pick up a copy at Strand a few weeks before release. Still...haven't...read it...*sigh*

Send Me a Sign by Tiffany Schmidt: YET AGAIN. I have an egalley. I met Tiffany at her signing and have a pretty, finished copy. Still, this book goes unread. WHY? I don't even know! SO MANY PEOPLE I trust adored this book. It's a tear-jerker, which is always a bonus for me. But...nope. Didn't happen this year.

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken: I LOVE Brightly Woven and was so stoked to get a signed ARC at ComicCon. I started reading this early this month but then finals started happening and I needed lighter, cheerier books to get my brain through the stress and I had to stop like 1/3 of the way through. MUST FINISH SOON. I was loving the book when I stopped, I just...couldn't deal with dark and bleak and slow going earlier this month.

So, there it is. My list of shame. Just looking at this list, plus the many, many other books I didn't get to this year, fills me with shame. I have to look on the bright side and remember that I still read 160 books plus some others I probably forgot to put on goodreads but...it doesn't make me feel better.

What books did you shamefully not picked up this year? And which of these (and other 2012 books) do I need to pick up ASAP in the new year?

--Julie

2 comments:

  1. I also wish that I had read A Million Suns! I really enjoyed the first book and honestly couldn't wait to read the second. I don't know how it kept getting pushed back on my TBR list. As for Pandemonium...I have no clue how I didn't get to that. ><

    Happy New Year, Julie! Hopefully you'll get to these in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too on A Million Suns & Pandemonium! I am so bad at getting back into the sequels, unless it's a book I MUST MUST MUST read. I've seen Meant To Be on a lot of 2012 lists... time to check it out?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.