Sunday, 23 December 2012

Book Haul 142

Lanna:
I have been so terrible at blogging these past few months, and it's really bugging me. Or maybe it's the reading funk that is bugging me. Either way really, I miss reading/blogging and I hope that next year will be better as far as that goes. Anyway, onto the book haul.

These books are all the ones I've gotten since the beginning of December/end of November, I think. Well, except for e-books, I've gotten a couple of those but I don't feel well and kind of can't be bothered trying to find which ones it was, so:

For Review:

Undone by Cat Clarke - I loved Entangled by Cat Clarke (in that, "OMG, Cat, I hate you! You put my heart through a shredder! I really, really hate you, you awesome author you!" kind of way) and I think I really enjoyed her second book at the time - it hasn't stuck with me the way her first did, but it was good. I didn't even know she had another book coming out until this one showed up.

Won:

Forbidden and From Where I Stand by Tabitha Suzuma - I actually won these in early November? I think? But Tabitha had a lot of stuff going on so, understandably, they didn't get to me for a while and I was all flkjldkfjhlkdj when they did. I already own (and adore) Forbidden, but this one is the US edition and it's signed, and I didn't have the other book (also signed). I won it in a cover design contest for her next book.

Bought:

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner - I actually got the sequel to this one, too, but it hasn't arrived yet because post at this time of year is annoying. I think it was Melina Marchetta that recommended this series, not sure. I've heard mixed things about the first book, but people say the second book is amazing and it's worth it reading this one just to get to the second.

Ruby Red by Linzi Glass - I think I just stumbled across this one by accident on Amazon and it sounded interesting. *shrugs*

Blood Red, Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick - Missxrojas on youtube recommended this one, I think. It sounded interesting when she described it and it was really cheap for this one and the cover is really pretty in person and...yeah.

What'd you guys get? And have you read any of the ones I've mentioned? What'd you think of them, if you have?

Later.

Julie:

It's late and I need to be up in 4 hours, so just a really quick version. I'm pretty sure I'm missing an ebook or two, but I'll mention them next week.

The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar (ARC borrowed from Mitali)
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella (paperback purchased from Strand)
Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Calonita (paperback purchased from Strand)
When You Give a Duke a Diamond by Shana Galen (ebook purchased from Amazon)
The FitzOsbornes at War by Michelle Cooper (ARC "purchased" from Random Buzzers)
Kiss Me Again by Rachel Vail (hardcover for review from Harper)
Witch World by Christopher Pike (hardcover for review from Simon and Schuster)
Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (hardcover for review from HarlequinTeen Panel)

What's in your mailbox this week?

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. I adored Forbidden. I hope From Where I Stand is just as good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.