Saturday, 12 January 2013

Book Haul 144

Julie: 

It's been very quiet here again, I know. My schedule's gone all wonky and now I like never have motivation to do blog work. Hopefully, I can work on that this next week.

I made a New Year's Resolution to make my TBR shrink and save money by only buying 1 book for every 3 I read. I think it may be helping, although I ended up picking a good number of books anyway.

For Review:
The Heiresses by Allison Rushby (review copy offered by publisher and sent through Netgalley)
Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza (egalley sent by publisher from Edelweiss)
Taken by Erin Bowman (egalley sent by publisher from Edelweiss)
Wasteland by Susan Kim and Laurence Klavan (egalley sent by publisher from Edelweiss)
The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett (egalley sent by publisher from Netgallley)
Cinders and Sapphires by Leila Rasheed (ARC sent by publisher for review/blog tour)

Purchased:
A Lady by Midnight by Tessa Dare (purchased before 1/1, ebook on Amazon)
Origins: The Fire by Debra Driza (ebook novella purchased on Amazon) (does it count against me if it's free? I can't decide.)

Gifted:
Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta (from Lanna)

I mean...I've already read more books than this (one of those books being Cinders and Sapphires which is INCREDIBLE) and I'm reading A Lady by Midnight now, so...so far so good? And this is like 2 weeks in! So...we're making an effort here. Hopefully it'll work. I do really need to up my reading though. About 2 weeks until I go back to school and I want to be MUCH further along in getting to my 120 book goal before going back!

What's shown up in your mailbox recently? Do I need to bump up any of these?

--Julie

Lanna:
So, these are actually all the books I've gotten since Christmas, not just from this week:

 For review:

Just One Day by Gayle Forman - Currently reading this one. I'm only two chapters in; I don't really have an opinion of it so far.

Burning for Revenge by John Marsden - I reviewed the 4th book in this series then this one showed up not long after, so hopefully I can get to this one soon.

Gift:

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery - My best friend got me this for Christmas (plus The Sound of Music DVD and a necklace thing) and I love it.

Bought:

Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey - (Not pictured, because it hasn't arrived yet) I loved the first book but most of what I've heard about this one isn't so good, so I've put off getting it until now.

The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult - Already read, review is written and should be up this week.


Notes From the Blender by Trish Cook and Brendan Halpin - This is one of those ones I've been meaning to read for a while, I had forgotten about it until I was clearing out my Amazon wish list.

Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray - Same as above.

The Secret Circle by LJ Smith - I really enjoyed the TV show (and hate that it got cancelled). I don't think I'll love the books but wanted to give them a try anyway. This one is a bind up of the first book and half of the second book, I think (which is the dumbest thing).

Damned by Chuck Palahniuk - Someone I follow on tumblr recommended this one a few months ago, then I saw it in a youtubers book haul and decided to finally get it, it sounds interesting.

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima - I'm not really sure what this is about or why I got it/who recommended it to me. I think it's high fantasy? Maybe? So that's good, I've been craving that recently.

The Gorgon in the Gully by Melina Marchetta - Review of this will be up this week.

And I think that's all I've got, aside from e-books -- I know I've gotten a few of those but can't remember which ones (sorry for the lack of goodreads links too; I'm ill right now and just want to sleep or something right now). Have you read any of these? If yes, what'd you think of them? And what'd you guys get this week? :)

Later.

2 comments:

  1. The Demon King is crazy good! Like it will blow your mind if you love high fantasy, or any fantasy, or just books for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, super jealous of Taken and Cinders And Sapphires!

    Oh yayyy Just One Day! I loved that book so much! :-)

    Happy reading y'all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.