Sunday, 20 January 2013

Book Haul (145)

Happy Sunday, book lovers! 

Purchased:
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale (paperback purchased from Strand)
The Giver by Lois Lowry (paperback purchased from Strand)
Countess So Shameless by Liana LeFey (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Scandal's Mistress by C.J. Archer (ebook purchased from Amazon)

For Review:
The Ambassador's Daughter by Pam Jenoff + press tag (accepted paperback review copy for blog tour)
The Starboard Sea by Amber Dermont (unsolicited paperback review copy from publisher)

Other:
13th Sign t-shirt and candies

So, these two instances were the first time I really bought books since the restrictions set in, with the exception of a free novella I've decided not to count against me (especially as I've already read it).  I'm now up to 15 reads, so I've earned a fifth book and have some wiggle room. I will, however, be going to some signings in the next couple of weeks. Signings are an exception to my buying rule, but I'll still behave as much as possible.

So, how's the near year treating you book-wise?

--Julie

3 comments:

  1. Nice haul. I liked Princess Academy a lot. Very nice indeed.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved The Giver in middle school. I heard they're making a movie of it, but then again what books don't have a movie these days?

    Anyway, enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard really great things about Lois Lowry's series but I've never actually checked it out before. I hope you enjoy everything!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.