Sunday, 27 January 2013

Book Haul 146

Lanna:
I got quite a few books over the past few weeks so...yeah.


For review:

Drowning Instinct by Isla J. Bick - This sounds awesome, I hadn't really heard about it until it showed up in the post. Can't wait to read it.

Bought:

I've been wanting to read these ones for a while but kept putting off buying them, I pretty much just bought them now because they didn't cost much (it came to about £7.50/$11.85 for them and the shipping for all of them together was only 99p/$1.56 - I suck at converting money, but yeah, didn't cost much).


The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker
Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
Selected Poems by Emily Dickinson
Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackary

I got the flip back version of Cloud Atlas just because I wanted to see what they were like. They're really cute, they're small enough to fit in your pocket - my main issue is that the pages are tissue paper thin so turning them is a pain (ignore the chipped nails in the picture):


Other:

My step dad was clearing out stuff from the loft and found a bunch of books he had when he was younger and he said I could keep whichever ones I wanted. I think most were published in the 70's--some might be earlier, some later--and they have that awesome old book feel to them. He would've let me keep them all, but I just took these ones:


Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
Fire Will Freeze by Margaret Millar
The Ballad and the Source by Rosamond Lehmann
Stranger in the Land by Michael Pereira (can't find a goodreads link for this one)
The Paper Palace by Robert Harling
A Year of Space by Eric Linklater
White for a Shroud by Don Cameron (can't find a link for that one either)

And four old readers digest books. I can't be assed finding the goodreads links and authors names for all of them, but stories in them are:
1. Break In, The Two Farms, Cry Wild, Lie Down with Lions
2. King of the Golden Valley, The Hunt for Red October, This Giving Heart, The Seventh Circle
3. The Choice, The Commodore, In a Place Dark and Secret, Windmills of the Gods
4. Profit without Honour, No Enemy but Time, To Kill the Potemkin, Tree of Gold

And I think that's all I got. What'd you get this week? :)

Later.


1 comment:

  1. Drowning Instinct sounds very unique! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.