Sunday, 3 March 2013

Book Haul (150)

Lanna:
These aren't just from this week, they're from the past 3? 4? weeks.

For Review:

Drummer Girl by Bridget Tyler
Speechless by Hannah Harrington (from netgalley, review is up already)

Bought:

Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg - Love the movie, and Cat Clarke recommended the book in the interview we had on the blog, so...
Blood Prophecy by Alyxandra Harvey - Love this series, I think this is the final book?
A Farewell to Arms by Ernet Hemingway - Have wanted to read this for ages.

E-books:

I don't normally include e-books I've bough in book hauls...mainly because I always forget and when I remember, I can't be bothered adding them, but I've been reviewing a few so I figured maybe I should start including them. It never feels like I actually own e-books, they feel so temporary.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - decided to read the e-book before buying the physical copies. *shrug*
The Breakaway and Pieces by Michelle Davidson Argyl - review of the first one is up, review of the second will be up next week.
Broken and Screwed by Tijan - She's an author I used to read on fictionpress, now on livejournal (although I'm very behind on her updates right now) and three of her stories from there were my favourites from FP so I get all her books when she releases them on Kindle (haven't read them all yet), even if it goes against my aversion to self published books. I hope she releases my favourite ones (A Whole New Crowd and its sequel) at some point.

There is probably more that I'm forgetting. o.O What're you guys reading this week?

Later.

Julie:
So, this is 2 weeks worth of books. It's also important to note that I've kind of given up on the book buying restrictions I had. I'm trying to still be careful, but the introduction of Visa gift cards made me able to buy lots of ebooks that have been dawdling on my wishlist without worry. As I will hopefully have an apartment in 2-3 months, this spree of being bad probably won't last long. Still, these purchases were all gift cards or for future signings.

For Review:
Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood by Abby McDonald (requested ARC from Candlewick)
Plague in the Mirror by Deborah Noyes (requested ARC from Candlewick Press)
Golden by Jessi Kirby (egalley from Edelweiss)
The Eternity Cure by Julia Kagawa (egalley from Netgalley)
Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt (egalley from Edelweiss)

Purchased:
The Summer Prince by Alaya Johnson (hardcover purchased from Strand for Teen Author Fest)
Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir (hardcover purchased from Strand for Teen Author Fest)
The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton (Kindle book from Amazon that was free at the time)
Violins of Autumn by Amy McAuley (Kindle book purchased from Amazon)
Moonlight and Mischief by Rhonda Woodard (Kindle book purchased from Amazon)
So Into You by Cecilia Gray (Kindle book purchased from Amazon that was free at the time)
It's in His Kiss by Julia Quinn (Kindle book purchased from Amazon)
A Kiss in the Dark by Kimberly Logan (Kindle book purchased from Amazon)

Since those last 3 are romance novels and it is (as I type this) 3:30 am, I'm not including links. Because SLEEP.

So, what did you guys pick up recently?

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.