Sunday, 28 April 2013

Book Haul (152)

So, this is over a month's worth of books. Hence why there's...a lot. This also isn't complete because I'm at my parents' house, so I'm working off what is here, what I can remember, and what I added to this post...last time I was at my parents' house. I've also passed on some middle grade books I got to my brother and don't feel like going to get them and type up all the titles. Since, even though they are ARCs, they aren't review books and I won't be reviewing them anyway, it doesn't make much difference anyway.

To make this seem even less monstrous, part of my full tuition/school awesomeness is $750 per semester to use at the bookstore. I barely made a dent in that buying textbooks, so I ended up buying lots of MasterCard/Visa gift cards to use on myself. Between that and finishing up the gift card money from Christmas, I only spent a couple of my own dollars on the ebooks I purchased.

For Review:
Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood by Abby McDonald (ARC from publisher)
One by Leigh Ann Kopans (ARC from author + egalley from author due to some errors in ARC)
Plague in the Mirror by Debroah Noyes (ARC from publisher)
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins (egalley from publisher)
Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland (egalley from publisher)
The Rules by Stacey Kade (egalley from publisher)
The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson (egalley from publisher)
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White (egalley from publisher)
The Sweet Dead Life by Joy Preble (egalley from publisher)
Dancer, Daughter, Traitor, Spy by Elizabeth Kiem (egalley from publisher)
Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis (egalley from publisher)
Relic by Heather Terrell (ARC from publisher)
Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt (egalley from publisher)
Golden by Jessi Kirby (egalley from publisher)
The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney (egalley from publisher)
The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas (egalley from publisher)
The S Word by Chelsea Pitcher (finished copy from publisher)
Maid of Secrets by Jennifer McGowan (finished copy from publisher)
Fifteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton (finished copy from publisher)
Belladonna by Fiona Paul (ARC from publisher)

Won:
Dark Triumph by R.L LaFevers
Cameron and the Girls by Edward Averett
Dear Life, You Suck by Scott Blagden
Frogged by Vivian Vande Velde
Breath by Jackie Kessler

Gifts: 
Suddenly Royal by Nicole Chase (ebook gifted)
Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott (ARC as a gift)
Dare You To by Katie McGarry x2 (ARC from HarlequinTeen Panel and as a gift)
Ink by Amanda Sun (ARC as a gift)
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (paperback as a gift)
The Eternity Rules by Julie Kagawa (ARC as a gift)
The Iron Legends by Julie Kagawa (paperback as a gift)
The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter (paperback as a gift)
Speechless by Hannah Harrington (paperback as a gift)

Purchased:
Picture Perfect by Alessandra Thomas (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Broken at Love by Lyla Payne (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Losing It by Cora Carmack (ebook purchased from Amazon)
The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by Christopher Healy (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Austentatious by Alyssa Goodnight (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Confessions from an Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville (ebook purchased from Amazon)
The Dreamer by May Nicole Abbey (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Along Came a Duke by Elizabeth Boyle (ebook purchased from Amazon)
The Duchess War by Courtney Milan (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Duchess in Love by Eloisa James (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Devil's Bride by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
The Perfect Lover by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
The Ideal Bride by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Temptation and Surrender by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
The Capture of the Earl of Glencrae by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
The Lady Risks All by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
A Secret Love by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Scandal's Bride by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
A Rake's Vow by Stephanie Laurens (ebook purchased from Amazon)
This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (hardcover purchased at Books of Wonder for signing)
Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth Eulberg (hardcover purchased at Books of Wonder for signing)
The Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik (paperback purchased at Strand)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (hardcover purchased at WORD Bookstore for signing)

Fun fact, I've already read 9 or 10 of these books. I'm reading another now, but I'll probably be done with that by time most of you read this.

And, um...I'm not going to try to explain this any further because I can't. Any thoughts on these books? What have you picked up lately?

--Julie

4 comments:

  1. That's A LOT of books! Lucky you! I don't even know how to comment on this, because there's just so much.

    Well, I really hope you like Dare You To because I'm so excited for it so I hope it's just as good as the first. Also, I got Dark Triumph recently as well, so hopefully we both love it!

    Enjoy reading all these books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title 'Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality' has caught my eye! I would love to see a review :)

    -Bee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, that's a huge book haul.
    Do you have a system of where you'll start?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a big list.. I have to see how many of these are available at my favorite online bookstore.. I guess it's time to buy some famous authors books from your suggested list... Thanks for sharing.. :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.