Thursday, 20 June 2013

Review Catch Up Part 2

Amy Tintera
HarperTeen
[May 7, 2013]

While reading this, I really enjoyed it. I mean, it's dystopian and kind of zombie-esque, but not really and the zombies are considered the good guys...by some people. There were a lot of moral questions in this book and a lot of interesting ideas and plots and the writing kept me engaged. Now that I've distanced myself from the book, I can't help but question some aspects of the plot an how it makes sense, but I did still enjoy the book and fully intend to read the sequel.

Overall Verdict: It's a super entertaining book while you read, but it has some issues. 


Miranda Kenneally
Sourcebooks Fire
[December 1, 2011]


I've always been a bit of a tomboy. I played baseball for years as a kid, I used hot wheels and Legos as often as I played with Barbies, and I had no problem beating up and wrestling my older brother. So, girls wanting to play sports? I'm SO in. 

I love Jordan and the guys she's balancing in her life. They're her friends and teammates and they respect and work with her. I love how Miranda's books are never what you think they'll be right off the bat. I love Miranda's writing and I just...really loved this book. 


Miranda Kenneally
Sourcebooks Fire
[October 1, 2012]

While we're on the topic of Miranda, let's keep going.

I really, really loved Parker's story. I mean, it was kind of different from what we normally see in contemp. and again with the sports connection. I also really loved the way Miranda managed to play with the characters. I'm trying to make sure I don't give any spoilers, but damn, Miranda knows how to manipulate your feelings and her characters and it was incredible to read. It was unexpected and impressive and 7 months later, I'm still in awe of the perfect. Plus? Plenty of cameos from Catching Jordan. Doing my best to grab book #3 soon!


--Julie

1 comment:

  1. I've had my eye on Catching Jordan for awhile, but haven't had the time to read it. After seeing your review, I'm going to have to bump it up in my tbr pile!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.