Thursday, 15 August 2013

From Page to Screen: Book to Movie Updates (3)

Edit: Instead of giving it its own post, I've just updated this one to include the Vampire Academy trailer.

So I was going to wait to post this until next week or the week after, because I read that some more book-to-movie adaption stuff will be out by then, but I really want to know what people think of the ones mentioned in this post.

Trailers, clips and cast interviews:
There's been a lot of new stuff released for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. You can watch a five minute clip of the movie here, a clip from the institute scene here, and you can find a bunch of B-roll footage and cast interviews if you click here. I'm really excited for the movie now, it has its imperfections (the way the clothes off scene was done was kind of awkward) but I'm pretty optimistic about it being a good adaption after seeing all that.

How I Live Now (based on the book by Meg Rosoff) finally has a trailer (one of the main reasons I'm posting this now):

I may have fangirled a bit. Aside from hating the styling decision made for Saoirse's Daisy hair, I think the movie looks awesome (love the song choice in the trailer).

The first trailer for Vampire Academy is out now:
I'm...kind of disappointed. What are your thoughts on it?

Catching Fire international trailer was released. I'm not sure how different it is from the trailer from the last page to screen post, but it looks good. You can also read about some of the differences between the book and the movie here.

The final Ender's Game trailer was released.

Some clips and interviews and stuff for the new Percy Jackson movie here.

There's a new trailer for the 2013 Romeo and Juliet movie. The first one was a bit meh, but this one is slightly better.

And there's trailers for the Seventh Son (based on Joseph Delaney's Wardstone Chronicles) and Half of a Yellow Son (based on the book by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - I keep meaning to read that book, it always shows up in the recommendations for people who like A Thousand Splendid Suns).

Stills/posters/pictures:
There's a bunch of stills from The Book Thief movie out (cjbkdhjfbvkdjhbv!!!), you can see them all and read more about the movie here. I can't wait for this one, if it's done right then it could be amazing. (Oh, and this still isn't shown on that site but it's my favourite.)

There's been some Maze Runner movie stills posted, you can see those here (although there's probably more floating around somewhere). And here's an interview with the author about the movie.


Movie rights sold:
Some movie updates for Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls and Heist Society books. You can read more about that here (linking that one instead of the ones that announced the updates because Ally is awesome and her post is awesome).

Apparently Lifetime is going to do another adaption V. C. Andrews Flowers in the Attic with Heather Graham and Ellen Burstyn starring as Corrine (crazy mother) and Olivia (Corrine's crazy mother). I'm not sure how I feel about that one...mainly because it's Lifetime and given the subject matter of the book I don't have much faith in their ability to do it well.

Other updates:
Some casting updates for the adaption of The Giver by Lois Lowry have been released, with Brenton Thwaites as the lead, Alexander Skarsgard as his dad, and Merly Streep as...I'm not quite sure, but you can read more about it here.

This news is old-ish now, but for anyone that missed it, the cast of The Fault in Our Stars that we know so far is here (love the Isaac casting choice), John talks about some other movie related stuff too (I may have gotten a bit fangirl-ish when I saw who would be doing the score).

There's bound to be loads of interviews and updates I've missed, especially since Comic-Con wasn't too long ago but this is all I can think of just now. If you can think of anything, just say in the comments.

So, what are your thoughts on the new trailers and stuff? Excited? Disappointed?

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I am also super excited for The Mortal Instruments movie. I just re-read City of Bones to prepare and now I'm ready.

    And I'm with you about the Vampire Academy trailer. What a letdown. I hope the movie is better than that trailer makes it seem.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Katie @ Katie’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.