Saturday, 28 September 2013

From Page to Screen: Book to Movie Updates (5)

You can read the older book to movie updates posts here.

I think most of the updates in this post are quite old now and you've probably heard all about them by now, but just in case anyone hasn't, here's all the updates (that I can remember) since the end of August (I think that's when I last did one of these).

Casting Updates:
  • Odeya Rush was cast as Fiona in the movie adaptation of The Giver by Lois Lowry. Taylor Swift was also cast as Rosemary. Alexander Skarsgard and Katie Holmes will be playing Jonas' parents. 
  • There's been quite a few Mockingjay casting updates, including Stef Dawson as Annie Cresta and Julianne Moore as President Coin.
  • Jennifer Lawrence will be playing Cathy Ames in the new adaptation of Steinbeck's East of Eden (directed by Gary Ross - and the two are going to be working together again on a movie adaption of Hannah Kent's novel, Burial Rights too).
  • Flowers in the Attack remake/new adaption finished filming, so I guess that means their cast list is complete too.
Videos/Trailers/Promotional stuff
  • Death Comes to Pemberley mini series trailer was released (sort of, it's the BBC's Autumn drama trailer and DCtP is included). It's a spin off of Pride and Prejudice based on the novel of the same name by P. D. James. The trailer also shows a preview for the second series of The Paradise which is based on the novel Au Bonheur des Dames by Emile Zola):

  • The trailer for Disney's Frozen was released, and I suppose this sort of counts since it's loosely based on The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson (I've seen a lot of complaints about the trailer, but personally I think it looks pretty awesome).

  • I'm not sure if I've mentioned this one before, but Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier was made into a movie. It was filmed in German (German title is Rubinrot), and they're making the sequel now too. There's an English dubbed version of the trailer and I think there's a dubbed version of the movie available too? People on tumblr say there is, so maybe the German DVD has that option? It looks quite good. I've been wanting to see it since I first saw the German trailer.
Rights sold/other:
  • This one is definitely older news, but I don't think I mentioned it before--Life After Life by Kate Atkinson movie rights were bought by Lionsgate.
  • J K Rowling is writing a script for a movie based on her Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them companion book to the Harry Potter series.
And I was going to do a section on TV adaptions, but I want to go read instead (but there's been some new Once Upon a Time stills and stuff released for the new season and Sleepy Hollow started last week, so you should check those out). So, I guess I'll leave it at that. Know anything I missed? Thoughts on any of the updates?

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I think Frozen looks amazing! And I realize I have not read any of the books you mentioned being turned into movies! *blushes* I really need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.