Sunday, 24 November 2013

Book Haul (163)

Lanna:
So, I've kind of been MIA for most of November (partly because of NaNoWriMo, partly because of procrastination, but mostly because I've not been reading that much), but I should have some reviews and stuff up next week and until then, here's a book haul...


Poughkeepsie by Debra Anastasia and Wallbanger by Alice Clayton - Now, I'm kind of against pulled-to-publish fanfiction, but I finally caved and bought these. I read both as fanfics and they were two of the ones I remember actually been good enough to be published (but then, I was judging them by fanfic standards then, perhaps that opinion will change once I read these versions).

Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce - I'm not a huge fan of Jacksons books, but I've been dying to read this one because I adore The Snow Queen (I really wish there were more retellings of it).

Dreaming of Amelia by Jaclyn Moriarty - Fourth in an awesome series (more companions than direct sequels). I think this one is also known as The Ghosts of Ashbury High?

The Back Door of Midnight by Elizabeth Chandler - I think this is the 5th and final book in the Dark Secrets series (companion novels, all set in the same town but can be read in any order).

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee by Dee Brown - I can't remember why I got this one, I think maybe I just saw some good reviews of it or something.

And Then She Fell and Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue by Stephanie Laurens - These are part of her Cynster series, but it's a really long series so I just picked these two to start with (I think And Then She Fell is the first in a duology while the other is the first in a trilogy about sisters related to the characters in the rest of the series? Something along those lines).

Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake by Sarah MacLean - Julie recommended this series ages ago, and seeing as I seem to have a new found love for regency romance I thought I'd check it out.

I also got the e-book of Burial Rites by Hannah Kent, which I saw in a youtube book haul, I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not so thought I'd get the e-book first.

And I think that's all I got, have you read any of them? What've you been reading?

Later.

Julie:

Look at me, posting another book haul in a respectable amount of time!

eBooks:
How to Lose a Bride in One Night by Sophie Jordan (purchased for Kindle) [This was in sale and then I needed a romance read anyway...so already devoured this one. It's, obviously, fantastic.]
Defy by Sara B. Larson (egalley from Netgalley)
Beautiful Beginning by Christina Lauren (purchased for Kindle) [Read as soon as midnight arrived and guys, really, GET ON THIS SERIES.]
A Creature of Moonlight by Rebecca Hahn (egalley from Edelweiss)

Physical Books:
The Last Days of the Romanovs by Helen Rappaport
The Vow by Jessica Martinez
Real by Katy Evans
Imperfect Bliss by Susan Fales-Hill
Cold Spell by Jackson Pearce

The first four I bought for myself at Strand on Friday because it was my birthday and I'd gotten some money from family and...I could. I've been trying to restrain book buying lately (the two ebooks I bought? Either all or partially covered by a gift card), so it was kind of a treat to myself in general. Cold Spell I got from the publisher's HipScout program, but because of a shipping mix up, I got this a month later and a hardcover instead of an ARC.

So...yeah. What books have you guys gotten recently?

--Julie

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, some really good ones in there! (And some I'm just hoping are really good!) I've bought a bunch of books recently I'm excited about, though I've had the time to read all of maybe two: FAULT LINE by Christa Desir, FANGIRL by Rainbow Rowell, HOW TO LOVE by Katie Cotugno, AMY & ROGER'S EPIC DETOUR by Morgan Matson, THIS LULLABY by Sarah Dessen, GRAVE MERCY by Robin LaFevers, GRACELING by Kristin Cashore, and THE SPECTACULAR NOW by Tim Tharp are the products of my three most recent hauls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl and This Lullaby are awesome. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.