Monday, 6 January 2014

Book Haul (165)

Julie:
I really gotta stop skipping weeks for book hauls like this. Especially after the holidays.

Ebooks:
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (via Netgalley)
Bidding on the Billionaire by Rachel Angel (free for Kindle)
Fat Chances by J.S. Wilsoncroft (free for Kindle)
Fall for You by Cecilia Gray (free on iBooks)
One Wild Night by Magan Vernon (free on iBooks)
Loving Protector by Sally Quilford (free for Kindle)
A Kiss for Midwinter by Courtney Milan (free for Kindle)
The Countess Conspiracy by Courtney Milan (purchased for Kindle)
One and Only by Viv Daniels (purchased for Kindle)
One Perfect Night be Bella Andre (free for Kindle)
Unwrapped: A New Adult Anthology (purchased for Kindle)
A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers (via Edelweiss for blog tour)
The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley (purchased for Kindle)
If You Give a Rake a Ruby by Shana Galen (purchased for Kindle)
The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne by Jayne Fresina (purchased for Kindle)
The Man Who Loved Pride and Prejudice by Abigail Reynolds (purchased for Kindle)
A Gentleman Says "I Do" by Amelia Grey (purchased for Kindle)
Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally (purchased for Kindle)
Anastasia Forever by Joy Preble (purchased for Kindle)

Physical Books
Soulless: The Manga Volume 1 by Gail Carriger (bought by mom)
Allegiant by Veronica Roth (gifted by parents for Christmas)
How to Love by Katie Cotugno (gifted by parents for Christmas)
If the Shoe Fits by Megan Mulry (gifted by parents for Christmas)
These Broken Stars by Megan Spooner and Amie Kaufman (gifted by parents for Christmas)
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (gifted by parents for Christmas)
The Elite by Kiera Cass (gifted by parents for Christmas)
Cinders and Sapphires by Leila Rasheed (gifted by parents for Christmas)
You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith  (gifted by parents for Christmas)
The Secret Daughter of the Tsar by Jenny Laam (gifted by parents for Christmas)

There are a couple more I can't remember off the top of my head, so I'll throw them in the next one. Anything I should bump to the top of the pile?

--Julie
Lanna:
So, I actually intended to post way more reviews and stuff these past few weeks but then some bad stuff happened and I couldn't focus on reading, but I'm halfway through one of the books in this haul so I should have a review up for that soon. And I should also just shut up and get on with the whole book haul thing...

For review: 
Slow Twitch and Junk Miles by Liz Reinhardt - These sound good, but it'll be a while before I can review them because I don't own the first book yet.
A Breath of Frost by Alyxandra Harvey
When Mr Dog Bites by Brian Conaghan - Not one I would've picked up on my own, but it sounds interesting.

Bought for Christmas:
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield - Love this so far.
The Train by Diane Hoh - Because I was still feeling nostalgic for Point Horror books.
I got A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers too (Julie's fault) but it hasn't arrived yet.

And I got these too...

S. by J.J. Abrams and Doug Dorst - I will fangirl over this one a little more below with more pictures...
Maus by Art Spiegelman - I finally caved after seeing so many great reviews

Kindle books:
Tangled by Em Wolf - I'm so glad she published this, I've read a few versions of it over the years on fictionpress and livejournal. I hope she decides to make physical copies available too.
Picture Perfect by Alessandra Thomas - Saw recommended on twitter and it's free on Kindle right now.
How to Date a Nerd by Cassie Mae - Got since I enjoyed Switched
The Most to Lose by Laura Landon
Charming the Prince by Teresa Medeiros

Now, for the S. fangirling:
S. really is one of the most creative and aesthetically pleasing books I've seen in ages. It's in a slip case and the book is designed as if it's an old library book (aged pages and all) with two people having a conversation in the margins (so there's two stories--the novel itself, and the story of the readers), and it has napkins with writing on them and articles and post cards and stuff inside and it's just...dflvjndlvj! Even if the story sucks, I won't regret getting it because of how well designed and original it is:

What'd you guys get for Christmas? Any good books/book-ish things? I hope you all had a lovely Christmas/New Year. :)

-Lanna

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.