Wednesday, 15 January 2014

New Adult on the Block: A Little Too Hot by Lisa Desrochers




A Little Too Hot
Lisa Desrochers
William Morrow Impulse
[January 21, 2014]

If you play with fire…

Tossed out of college and cut off by her parents, Samantha West is in pretty dire straits. So when her rocker best friend hooks her up with a job dancing at a gentlemen’s club, who is she to turn it down? Plus, there are rules to dancing at Benny’s: No touching, keep your clothes on at all times, and never get closer than three feet. Unfortunately for Sam, her first private client makes her want to break every single one of them.

Harrison Yates is scorching hot, but he’s got a past that involves being left at the altar not too long ago. Sam is determined to make him forget about his ex, but when she makes her move, it flings her life into a spiral of chaos she never saw coming.

Because Harrison Yates isn’t who he seems to be. And his secret will probably get her killed.

I'm an unabashed, long time fan of Lisa's.  And I've said before that her writing New Adult is like the greatest thing ever. But what I really love is that her plots aren't predictable. She always takes these "cliche" elements and does something unique and wonderful with them. They're presented in a way I don't see coming.

To add to that not seeing things coming, I also never read the description for this. I knew I was just going to want it, so why bother? MYSTERY GUYS. It did increase my "What's going on?" factor a bit. Obviously, it's a bit late for you but...you know. We tried.

I adored Samantha and the relatable path she was on and loved watching her grow. She really was just trying to figure out who she was and where she wanted to go and I loved that. And she had these friendships that were questionable, which made them realistic. Friends aren't always all good or all bad and the ones she had reflected all the colors of the friendship rainbow.

On top of that, there's Harrison, who was just all kinds of fabulous. Like...I want to describe him, but don't want to spoil things. But he's good to Samantha and he's good for her and it's the little things guys. And the chemistry. Oh the chemistry. Harrison gives good chemistry guys. Really, really good. Especially to Samantha.

Lisa's writing is, yet again, utterly enthralling. I stayed up WAY too late reading this. It actually might have been one of the nights where I didn't get to bed until 6 am and I also think it was one of the days I had to get up at a decent hour. So, I lost a lot of sleep over this book and had zero regrets about it. And I loves my sleep.

Basically, whenever Lisa's writing a book, you can expect sexiness, incredible writing, and a plot line turned on its head. And with every book, she finds some way to improve and I don't even know HOW at this point, but at this rate, her next book will make me implode from pure phenomenal-ness.

If you need some more convincing, you can read the first three chapters here:



Now that you're convinced, you should go pre-order it. And when you do that, you get an extra chapter told from Harrison's perspective. Just pre-order on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or iBooks, then submit your link here.

Then, you can enter this giveaway to win signed copies of the New Adult books written by the authors who blurbed Lisa!

a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck!

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.