Trailers and clips:
- I'll start with the obvious one here. The trailer for The Fault in Our Stars was released yesterday:
I think it looks brilliant (normally I can be kind of nitpicky with adaptations of books, especially books I love, but this is one of the only ones that I can't think of anything negative to say about so far...so, hopefully the full movie will live up to the awesomeness of the trailer). Thoughts?
- There's been a whole bunch of Vampire Academy trailers and clips (like this one and this one and this one, and I'm not sure how old these ones are but I'll link them anyway...oh and this one). I'm probably forgetting loads.
I'm kind of less optimistic about this one, some of it makes me cringe so much (any scene with the Mia actress really), but maybe it won't be so bad.
- The trailer for the Outlander TV show, based on the book series by Diana Gabaldon was released. People keep saying how great those books are, but based on quotes I've read I would probably throw it out the window within the first few chapters because of the attempt at writing Scottish accents phonetically (why, why, why must authors do that? *headdesk*), but the show might be interesting. We'll see.
- First look at the movie adaptation of The Giver.
- Some stills/pictures from the set of Fifty Shades of Gray and a teaser poster were released, to save actually having to find them, I'll just link this sites tag for the movie and if you're interested you can scroll through them (as much as I adore Jamie Dornan, the movie looks as bad as the book).
- And this is probably ridiculously old but I didn't even realise they were making a movie of this book until recently...set pictures/stills from the Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List movie, based on the book by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan were released. I can't find a good site to link to see them all, but this tumblr has some and a google image search will show you loads too (you can check out the cast list here if, like me, you hadn't seen it yet).
- I'm not sure if I've mentioned this one before, but the book Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern is being pictures from the set and stills and the poster have been released. It looks really cute.
- There may or may not have been some Divergent stuff released (I know soundtrack info was), but so many stills and stuff have been released that I lost track of it all a while ago. Check here for new stuff about that movie.
- There's a new still from The Maze Runner movie.
Rights sold, casting updates, and that sort of thing:
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys has been optioned to be a movie (and is being written by the writers of Like Crazy, which should be interesting). Apparently it'll get a name change though, so it won't be mixed up with the Less Awesome Shades of Gray. But anyway, khvbkdhb, I approve.
- These Broken Stars is being adapted into a TV show.
- The book Still Alice by Lisa Genova is being made into a movie starring Julianne Moore, Alec Baldwin, Kate Bosworth and Kristen Stewart.
Other TV stuff:
- So I started watching this show, Bitten, and it's based on the Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong. It's interesting so far. I'd actually be tempted to read the books based on the show, if there weren't so many of them (a series with 4 or 5 books is my limit these days and even that is pushing it, so when I see a series has 13 books then I'm out).