Before I get to the updates:
Have any of you seen the Divergent movie yet? Or Vampire Academy? What'd you think?
Trailers, stills, etc.:
- The first trailer for The Giver by Lois Lowry was released. I think some stills were released too:
- The trailer for The Maze Runner was released (and there's been a bunch of stills, you'll probably find those here):
- A new featurette type thing for The Fault in Our Stars was released and it includes some new footage:
- A new still from the If I Stay movie was released.
Casting news, rights sold, and other stuff:
- Paper Towns is being made into a movie (hopefully this means the Looking for Alaska one will get made too). Nat Wolff will be starring as Quentin (I approve so hard, he's awesome). John Green will be an executive producer this time and it's the same team that made the TFiOS movie.
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl is being made into a movie with Thomas Mann and Olivia Cooke possibly starring (Olivia is great in Bates Motel so I hope that happens). This book is in my TBR pile, so I better get to it soon.
- Dreamworks have bought the rights to Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.
- Melina Marchetta talked a little bit about the Jellicoe Road movie on her blog (seeing as it's one of my favourite books, this makes me ridiculously happy). She talks about differences and similarities between the script and the book and she shares ten facts about the script (I adore this quote from the script that is new and not from the book: "My dad says ghosts only reveal themselves when they’re waiting for someone to join them.")
- Emma Watson is starring in Queen of the Tearling based on the book by Erika Johansen.
- Unremembered by Jessica Brody has been optioned by the producers of Vampire Academy.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey is getting a movie.
- Lionsgate has bought the rights to The Outliers (the first in a fantasy trilogy that will be released in 2015). Reese Witherspoons production company is one of the ones producing.
- Sofia Coppola may be directing a live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid.
- Warner Brothers are making a movie based on the Peter Pan story. Garrett Hedlund is playing Captain Hook with Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard (love those choices). Rooney Mara is in negotiations to play Tiger Lilly which I'm really not cool with considering the character should be Native American.
- This one is pretty old news, but I'm one of the books more recent fangirls, so... Paullina Simons talked about the movie adaptation of The Bronze Horseman on her blog (post from last year) and she also did an interview more recently with a Henry Cavill fansite where she talked about the movie a bit.
- Disney is making a new version of Ray Bradbury's Something Wicked This Way Comes.
- Ben Walker, Pierce Brosnan, and Kaya Scodelario will be starring in the adaptation of The Moon and the Sun. And Kaya posted a picture from the set.
- Avan Jogia has been cast in Ten Thousand Saints with Hailee Steinfeld and Asa Butterfield.
- The adaptation of Wake by Lisa McMann (to star Miley Cyrus) has now got screenwriters.
- The movie rights to The Traitor's Wife by Allison Pataki have been sold.
- And, older news but still, Felicity Jones might be starring in the adaptation of Rebecca Serle's When You Were Mine.
- The 100 just started last week. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews of it, but I actually enjoyed the first episode (it helped that they cast a couple of actors from an Australian soap opera I used to watch). I didn't realise it was based on a book, but apparently it is (and Julie has reviewed it).
- Black Sails - So the first season of this is already finished (it's only 6 episodes) and it's not a really faithful adaptation, but it's inspired by Treasure Island. Well, it's intended as a sort of prequel. Anyway, I really like it.