Friday, 16 May 2014

Books I'm Most Excited For

So...my TBR pile is massive and I'm trying to cut it down. I'm trying to do this by only adding the books I'm most desperate to read (well, and by reading what I've already got, obviously). That's what this is, a list of the books I'm most excited to read that are out this year (or next year).


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (released this week) - The funny thing is, I don't even know what this one is about really? I just know I've been dying to read it since I heard about it (probably a mix of John Green recommending it and the fact that The Disreputable History of Frankie Landou-Banks is a favourite). I was actually sent this one to review today (lvkjnlfkvlb!), and the UK publisher will be doing a live read on Twitter at 1PM tomorrow (UK time), so join in/follow that here.

Sustain by Tijan (released: some time this year?) - I love Tijan's books, and she's one of the few self published authors I read (I think this is the third in a series, but I'm not sure if it's a companion or direct sequel, but I'll read the other two soon anyway). I think she mentioned she'll be releasing my favourite novel from her fictionpress days this year too (A Whole New Crowd). The only thing is, I'm not sure of the release dates but she posts updates on her facebook.

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins (released: August 14th 2014) - I don't think there's much I need to say about this one. Her books are an insta-read and it feels like we've been waiting forever for this one (I stupidly read the first chapter when it was posted and it was as good as I hoped it would be and now I'm pining for the rest of it).

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (released: September 2nd 2014) - The third book in the Throne of Glass series. I'm slightly less excited to read this one now that the series seems to be like 6 books long, I was hoping this would just be a trilogy because as much as I love the series, I'm bored of series that are dragged out too long, but I still can't wait to read this one.

Oblivion by Kelly Creagh (released: August 26th 2014) - The first is one of my favourite books, the second wasn't as good because it felt a bit slow and filler-ish, but I'm still dying to read the final book. One of my favourite series.

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (released: September 16th 2014) - I have been desperate to read another book of hers ever since The Sky is Everywhere was released, her writing is so beautiful and just...lnjfvlb. I need it.

Remembrance by Meg Cabot (released: some time in 2015) - I lovelovelove the Mediator series, so I was so ridiculously happy when I saw that she'll be releasing another book to the series. Can it be 2015 now?

Playing for the Commandant by Suzy Zail (released: October 14th 2014) - This one sounds so good and I've been looking for more good YA WW2 books. I think the UK version of the book is already released under the title The Wrong Boy, I prefer the US title and cover, so if I can wait until October, I'll get that one.

Lone Star by Paullina Simons (released: I don't even know but I'm hoping it'll be 2015 instead of later...) - I love The Bronze Horseman and Red Leaves, so I kind of want to read all of her other books. This one sounds really good (especially if it's another one set in Russia).

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (released: October 14th 2014) - It just sounds really good and I want to read more high fantasy, so...

The Fire Wish by Amber Lough (released: July 22nd 2014) - Same reason as above really.

Stray by Elissa Sussman (released: October 7th 2014) - Again, same as above...

And I think that's enough for now. Those are the ones I'm most excited for right now. What books are you looking forward to most coming out in 2014-15?

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.