Friday, 23 May 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart



We Were Liars
by E. Lockhart

Summary: I'm actually not going to post the summary, for reasons I will explain below. But I will link it and if you still want to read what it's abou (although the summary isn't particularly long or detailed) after reading my reasons for not posting it, then go for it. :)
This is probably going to be the shortest review I've ever written on the blog, but it's better that way.

This book is one of those ones that you're better going into blind. The less you know about it, the better it will be. So I'm not going to talk about the plot or the characters or anything specific.

All I'm going to say is that it's beautifully written and it wrecked me and it's now sitting on my favourites shelf. I thought The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks was a good book, but this one was in a whole different league.

I cried like a baby reading this book (even though I guessed two major things very early on, it still didn't dull the impact). I read through a headache because I didn't want to put it down. I almost fell asleep (because of painkillers for the headache) but I forced myself to sit uncomfortably to stay awake and finish the book. I skipped dinner to finish the book...so basically, go read it.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.