Friday, 27 June 2014

From Page to Screen (9)

So there's been a lot of book to movie news since I last posted one of these. So much that I'm going to skip some of the updates (go read this website for more frequent updates, they rarely miss anything and their site is awesome, and I also found this site while looking up the links for this post) and I'm just going to mention the ones I'm most excited for/the ones I want to talk about.

Trailers:
  • The teaser trailer for Mockingjay Part 1 was released. 

  • There's been quite a few teaser trailers for Love, Rosie and they all look adorable. They actually made me tempted to read a book that I had no desire to read before. My favourites are this one and the one below.
  • I think there's been two trailers for If I Stay (this one and the below). I wasn't sure I liked Chloe for the part until I saw the trailer but she's won me over from that alone.
  • The trailer for the TV show adaptation of Outlander was released and a sort of behind the scenes thing. I've heard great things about the book series but I know I'll never read them (for two reasons, one that I won't get into, the other is the fact that the way the Scottish characters are written would probably make me want to set the book on fire and toss it out the window), but the show looks interesting.
  • Gone Girl trailer was released. I'm still torn on whether or not I want to read this book, it didn't sound like my kind of thing but I keep seeing people say how awesome it is and it's made me sort of want to check it out.
Cast updates:
  • Mae Whitman was cast as the lead in The Duff. Bella Thorne, Skyler Samuels, Allison Janney, Robbie Amell will also be in the movie. I was really excited about the movie until I heard about the changes they've made that I really hope aren't true (like making it into a taking down the mean girl kind of story, when part of what made the book good was that it didn't have that stereotypical catty element), but maybe they'll make it work.
  • There's been a lot of cast updates for the Divergent movies, but I kind of lost track. You'll probably find them all here.
Rights sold and other stuff:
So these books are ones that might be getting movies soon because their movie rights have been sold/they now have a director/script writer...
And I'm probably missing a lot, but those are the ones I'm excited about most (even though I've yet to read a few of them).

Already Out:
So a pilot was filmed for Delirium a while ago, but it wasn't picked up by the network but you can now watch the pilot episode on Hulu (or youtube, if you're not in the US). The pilot kind of covers the first book (with some changes).

I was sort of glad when it didn't get picked up, because I hated some of the casting choices and thought some of the changes sounded pretty bad, but the pilot was better than I expected (although, I don't think the love cure thing translated well to screen and they shouldn't have crammed the whole first book into the pilot, it would've been better if they gave the romance more time to develop).

If you watched it, what did you think? And which adaptations are you most excited for?

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.