Sunday, 13 July 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (1)

We're going to try something a little different! This was kind of fueled by my desire to keep you updated on what I'm reading since my reviews can be...delayed. Lately because I've mostly been reading fall ARCs, but whatever. So, weekly wrap ups!

Lots and lots of bloggers do them, so I don't know if there's really a source? So we're just going to do this and include what we please and if you know a source/want me to link to other blogs that do them, that's a thing I can do!

On the Blog

Monday: I gushed about BEHIND THE SCENES by Dahlia Adler
Tuesday: I talked about the unexpected swoons in PRISONERS OF NIGHT AND FOG by Anne Blankman
Wednesday: I was kinda let down by LET'S GET LOST by Adi Alsaid
Friday: Lanna put together a playlist for CODE NAME VERITY
Saturday: I have some confessions related to blogging


Julie

Book Haul

Illusions of Fate by Kiersten White (egalley via Edelweiss)
Reluctantly Royal by Nicole Chase (egalley via Edelweiss)
American Blonde by Jennifer Niven (egalley via FirsttoRead)
Oh Yeah, Audrey! by Tucker Shaw (egalley via Netgalley) 
Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin (egalley via Netgalley)
Boomerang by Noelle August (ARC gifted by Jen)
The Chocolate Rose by Laura Florand (free on Amazon)

Books Read

Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
Playing for the Commandant by Suzy Zail

Upcoming Reads

I've had a stack up of NA reads, so I'm kind of working on an NA-reading week! Some titles I'm considering and would love your thoughts on: 

Boomerang by Noelle August 
Foreplay by Sophie Jordan
My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron
Recklessly Royal by Nicole Chase
Reluctantly Royal by Nicole Chase
One and Only by Viv Daniels
The Perfect Game by J. Sterling 
The Heiresses by Alison Rushby
Teaching Roman by Gennifer Albin 
Payoff Pitch by V.K. Sykes  

--Julie

Lanna:

Book Haul

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (netgalley)
Losing Lila by Sarah Alderson 
Curses and Smoke by Vicky Shecter
The Lifeguard by Richie Tankerlsey Cusick (which is a book I loved when I was a kid and I hunted everywhere for my copy recently and couldn't find it, so I got a replacement)
Willow Tree and Olive by Irini Savvides 
Deviant by Callie Hart (because it was free on Kindle and a Goodreads friend recommended it)
Broken and Screwed 2 by Tijan (e-book)
Who Needs You, Duckworth-Lewis? by Janey Woodall (e-book)

Books Read

None. Well, none that I've finished. I've partially read Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, Wicked by Gregory Maguire, and ArchEnemy by Frank Beddor. I think there's a few e-books I started too but it's 1am and I'm ill and can't be bothered going to get my kindle to find them right now.

Upcoming Reads

So, since I've not been having much luck with finishing books recently, I'm going to try doing the booktube-a-thon next week (starts at midnight tonight). Books I'll be reading for that (hopefully) are:
  • A book with pictures - S. by Doug Dorst (or, Maus)
  • Start and finish a series - The Gemma Doyle trilogy, which has been getting dusty on my shelves for years.
  • A book with red on the cover - I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella, because chick lit is normally easy to get through.
  • A book from the genre you've read the least this year -  For me, that's probably classics, so I'm going to read either A Little Princess or one of Shakespeares plays, because the other books I've chosen are pretty long.

I will probably not even come close to getting through all those, but I'm going to try anyway so we'll see how it goes. I may try fit in Heir of Fire too.

Later.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.