Sunday, 27 July 2014

Weekly Wrap Up (3)

On the Blog

Monday: Lanna reviewed her first Sophia Kinsella, I've Got Your Number
Tuesday: Lanna also finally read A Great and Terrible Beauty
Wednesday: Julie cheers for insecure heroines in Brazen
Saturday: Lanna was kind of underwhelmed by Nineteen Minutes

Julie

Book Haul


Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick (ebook from library)
Servants of the Storm by Delilah S. Dawson (finished copy from publisher)
Wicked Designs by Lauren Smith (egalley from author)
Blind by Rachel DeWoskin (egalley from publisher)

Books Read

Teaching Roman by Gennifer Albin 

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber
 
Upcoming Reads

 
Well, I've got some egalleys that will be expiring this week plus some library books that need to get returned soon, so I'll be working on those! 

 
American Blonde by Jennifer Niven
In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
Joseph Anton by Salman Rushdie
Dearest by Alethea Kontis 
Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick


Lanna:
I'm not going to include the books I've read, because I'm pretty sure I've reviewed all the ones I've read recently. I will say though that the booktube-a-thon was an epic fail for me--I think I only read 2 books and half of 2 others out of the 7 I was aiming for (although I'm not totally disappointed by that because I spent the weekend in Dundee with my best friends and that was totally worth missing a few reading days for).

Moving on... Book Haul:

These are all the ones I've gotten in the past few weeks.

Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
The Elite and The One by Kiera Cass (funny thing is, I don't remember liking the first one that much and I'm sick of dystopians, but I've had such an urge to read the rest of the series recently)

Emma by Jane Austen
Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine
A Rose Among Thorns by Rosie Goodwin
The Scandalous Duchess by Anne O'Brien (e-book...purely because it was only 99p)
Undertaking Love by Kat French (another e-book, that I didn't even realise I'd bought until I looked at my Amazon orders)

I pre-ordered Isla and the Happily Ever After because of reasons. Reasons like, that series is awesome and you should go read it now if you haven't already and I'm desperate to read the third one. 

And I pre-ordered the reprint of the Labyrinth novelization (!!! I've been wanting to read that for ages, but it's been out of print for so long and I just checked again today and they're releasing the new one on the 1st of August).

Upcoming/Current Reads:

I'm reading Amy and Roger's Epic Detour right now and I love it so far, I've put it down for a while though because I wanted something light and fun and that one has a lot more going on than I expected (like lots of grief and guilt and all that not so good stuff). 

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Great hauls, ladies! I can't wait to read your thoughts on these books.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.