Thursday, 14 August 2014

The Vacation Reads

It's almost time again.

On Sunday, I leave for vacation. We're going to a place that we know won't have great cell reception, and we won't have WiFi most of the time since you have to pay for it. Even we did, we'll be out and about most days. Hiking, fishing, swimming, water parking, mini golfing, zip lining. But it IS a bit of a long road trip and we're gonna have a cool little porch to stare out at nature and there'll be plenty of down time when I'll be reading. So we come to that painstaking time when I need to pick out which books I'm bringing.

I've got my Kindle absolutely PACKED with books, but it's good to unplug on vacation. Also, I will only have one USB converter and two things that need it...at least. So...let's focus on my physical books, yeah?

Here are some of my options, but for ALL of my unread books, you can look through here but...it's gonna take you a while. (If you want a better break down, I have an unread ARC shelf, an unread YA shelf, and unread adult shelf, and a new adult and romance shelf you can sort by read and then look for where I stopped having read things.)

Mean Spirits and Young Blood (Mediator Books 3&4) by Meg Cabot
Entwined by Heather Dixon
Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
Diamonds and Deceit by Leila Rasheed
Landry Park by Bethany Hagen
You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith
Easy by Tammara Webber
Like No Other by Una LaMarche
The Tyrant's Daughter by J.C. Carleson
Take Back the Skies by Lucy Saxon
The Secret Sky by Atia Abawi
Changeless by Gail Carriger
Vanish by Sophie Jordan
Get Even by Gretchen McNeil
Talon by Julie Kagawa
Servants of the Storm by Delilah S. Dawson
Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
Ghost House by Alexandra Adornetto
Glory O'Brien's History of the Future by A.S. King
The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Starry Night by Isabel Gillies
Zac and Mia by A.J. Betts
Hook's Revenge by Heidi Schulz
The Walled City by Ryan Graudin
Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Keneally
The End of Innocence by Allegra Jordan
Obsidian and Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Things You Kiss Goodbye by Leslie Connor
Stone Cold Touch by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Jackaby by William Ritter
This Shattered World by Megan Spooner and Amie Kaufman
The One by Kiera Cass
The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo
The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

So, based on those, anything I MUST read? 

And I guess for a little extra context: I start classes for the semester like 3 days after we get back, so reading time lessens even more...in theory. ;) 

--Julie


3 comments:

  1. The Tyrants Daughter, The Bone Season, Snow Like Ashes! Just so you can tell me if they're good... :P

    Landline and the Mediator books might be good vacation-y reads, or some romance novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have a romance novel and a NA novel booked. :P

      Delete
  2. Okay! Here are my recommendations from that list above. (You already read 'The One' so that one--check!) Obsidian/Onyx --you'll get humor, fun, some action, and even more fun sexual tension. Also, Snow Like Ashes! I want to get my hands on that book so bad! And lastly, I've heard a lot of good things about Kiss of Deception. So, those are my suggestions! Happy vaca!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.