Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

I'm going to try and make the list mostly books that are already released, but yeah, these are the top ten books I really want but for whatever reason haven't gotten them yet.


1. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski - This is one of those books I've wanted to read for years and any time I've been tempted to buy it, I can only find copies for like £20 and I talk myself out of it because I could get that one book or I could get a whole bunch of books for the money I'd spend on that one book and thinking of it that way always puts me off, because what if I hate it? But still, I want it.

2. Landline by Rainbow Rowell - I've yet to read a Rainbow Rowell book I didn't adore, so I'll pretty much reach anything she writes at this point. I think the reason I've put off getting this one is because it's only the Rainbow Rowell thing that appeals me, the plot doesn't sound like my kind of thing. But I still want it.

3. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - I've wanted this book since...since before I even knew what it was called or what it was about, I wanted Jandy Nelson's next book as soon as I finished The Sky is Everywhere. It's out really soon, thankfully (I'll try to make that the only unreleased book on the list).

4. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr - Not sure why. I have this thing about WW2/war books and this one sounds interesting (and I think it has a blind main character, which is awesome because diversity).

5. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll - I don't even know why I want it so much, but I do.

6. Sekret by Lindsay Smith - So I sort of wanted to read this one, because I find stories set in Russia weirdly fascinating. But then Julie rated it five starts and sort of want turned into really want.

7. Torrent by Gemma James - Silly thing is, I don't even remember why. I think it was probably because one of my Goodreads friends gave it a good review and I was in the mood for that sort of book at the time. And now, even if I've seen negative reviews too and I'm no longer in the mood for that sort of story, I've still got it in my head that I have to read it.

8. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins - It just sounds really fun and I've seen so many good reviews for it.

9. Burial Rites by Hannah Kent - Okay, technically I do own this one but it's the Kindle edition and I think the reason I keep putting off reading it is because it's the Kindle one, so I want a paperback copy.

10. Spring Snow by Yukio Mushima - Again, like most of the others, I don't know why. I'm guessing someone recommended it or something, but I really want it and the reviews of it I've seen have all been really positive too.

Have you read any of these? :)

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Nice list! I will feel guilty forever-and-ever-amen until I read SEKRET - Lindsay is a local author and I see her at events! Must rectify that immediately...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.