Sunday, 3 August 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (4)

On the Blog

Monday: Gennifer Albin's on the blog talking the best book boyfriend qualities
Tuesday: Julie owns HOW many Meg Cabot books?
Wednesday: Julie talks about peeves when it comes to review books






Julie

Book Haul


Well...you see...Harper put up their winter books on Edelweiss. And I love Harper. And I'm auto approved. So...things happened. Then it also seemed like the week older egalley requests were approved too.


Paris Cravings by Kimberley Montpetit (free on Amazon)
A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin by Sophie Jordan (ebook purchased with gift card) 
The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg (free on Amazon if your subscribe to Kindle Unlimited)
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard (egalley via publisher)
A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas (egalley via publisher)
The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand (egalley via publisher)
My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga (egalley via publisher)
The Last Dragon Charmer by Laurie McKay (egalley via publisher)
Geek Girl by Holly Smale (egalley via publisher)
The Bridge from Me to You by Lisa Schroeder (egalley via publisher) 
Not in the Script by Amy Finnegan (egalley via publisher) 
Hit by Delilah S. Dawson (egalley via publisher)
Half a World Away by Cynthia Kadohata (egalley via publisher)
The Secret Sky by Atia Abawi (ARC from publisher)
The Young Elites by Marie Lu (ARC from publisher) 


So...that happened. *sigh* Oh, Mount TBR. How will I ever conquer you?

Books Read


Boomerang by Noelle August
A Good Debutante's Guide to Ruin by Sophie Jordan
Foreplay by Sophie Jordan
 
Upcoming Reads


Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
Joseph Anton by Salman Rushdie
Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick


Hopefully others too? I'm over halfway through Exquisite Captive as of writing this (Saturday night) and I've started Joseph Anton. It's a HUGE book, but so far, I'm not really feeling it. It's kind of all over the place and seems to assume you know a lot more about what's going on then I do considering...I wasn't alive at the time. So, it might be a DNF. Tsarina HAS to happen because it's a library book and I want to be done with all of the ones I have well before we go on vacation. 

So, if you guys have any other suggestions or ideas for what I should read in the next couple weeks, let me know down below! Especially since I'll be getting a chance to stop by my apartment for the first time in months and a LOT of my TBR is there and it'll be the last chance I have to go until after my vacation (which will be FULL of reading due to lack of internet).


I've also got a couple of New Adult books to review on the blog (including the two listed above and one or two from last week) so if there's any you're REALLY curious about, I'll review the most intriguing ones first.


--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.