Sunday, 10 August 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (5)

On the Blog

Friday: Julie's talking about back-list title AU REVOIR, CRAZY EUROPEAN CHICK
Saturday: Julie unintentionally brings back Historic Saturday with a review of TSARINA





Julie

Book Haul



My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins (egalley via publisher)
Alex As Well by Alyssa Brugman (egalley via publisher) 
The Duke of Dark Desires by Miranda Neville (egalley via publisher) 
Day 21 by Kass Morgan (egalley via publisher) [This and The 100 both seem to be Read Now titles on Netgalley]
Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer (ARC from publisher)
Perry's Killer Playlist by Joe Schreiber (library ebook)
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (library ebook)
The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (gift from friend) 
Landline by Rainbow Rowell (copy bought at Target)


I hadn't planned to get more library books, as I mentioned last week, but this was one they didn't have at the library, so I requested they buy it. And apparently once they do, they give the requester a 3-day hold so...I had to take advantage. Fortunately, it's a short read, so easy to fit in. And since I knew there'd probably be a mad rush to get Outlander after the show officially premiered this weekend, I wanted to grab it in advance.

My True Love Gave to Me has SO MANY FAVS that I clearly needed it. Alex As Well is a really interesting, unique-sound YA, and it's also a really short read. Day 21 is the sequel the The 100, which I enjoyed, and I LOVE the show, so I was thrilled to see it was a read now title. And since I'm trying to branch out more with what kinds of books we review here, I figured I'd try requesting a romance novel and was approved.

And Belzhar is going to have some really fun things going on with it, especially on my Instagram, so keep an eye out for that!

Books Read

 

Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Tsarina by J. Nelle Patrick

All over the map with my reads this week! I'm glad I got out of my weird funk, but I wish it had happened sooner than three weeks before I start my classes again!

 
Upcoming Reads


Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

Odds and Ends

Occasionally, I'll add this when there's something of interest. Today? My favorite ever band released a new single and it's kind of amazing and I'm 100% obsessed






ALSO, Lanna and I are considering doing some kind of Outlander read-along. I really liked the pilot and Lanna enjoyed it too, but we both have reservations about the books. So, if there's any interest in joining us, maybe we can try to organize something? Let us know!

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.