Monday, 18 August 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (6)

On the Blog
Thursday: Julie needed help picking out vacation reads (and there's still a couple hours!)
Friday: Julie gushes about the long anticipated ISLA AND THE HAPPILY EVER AFTER
Julie

Book Haul

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (paperback from publisher) [I don't know when I got this, but it was at my apartment when I swung by last week and I forgot it in the last book haul]
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (audiobook via Audible credit) [This was also technically last week, but it was so late I didn't feel like adding it]
Wild by Sophie Jordan (egalley via publisher)
Loop by Karen Akins (egalley via publisher)
Guild Assassin by Berley Kerr (egalley via publisher)


Books Read


The Jane Austen Marriage Manual by Kim Izzo
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Just Like the Movies by Kelly Fiore 
A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
The One by Kiera Cass 
Perry's Killer Playlist by Joe Schreiber

I was a good deal of the way through my first two reads when the week started, so it's not *quite* as impressive as it looks, but I did read a lot this week while trying to escape the current events. But hey, it gets me ready for vacation, yeah?
 
Upcoming Reads


Heir of Fire by Sarah Maas
Tease by Sophie Jordan
Hook's Revenge by Heidi Schulz
Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

I'm hoping to go with some variety. Not all of these were mentioned in the post...because I knew they were coming (like the Sophie Jordans) Heir of Fire and Outlander are both massive books I have for my ereading time since I tend to read physical books when on vacation, but I know HoF will totally pull me in and Outlander...it may or may not flop. And I'm not making myself finish it, either. I've got some time on it, but need to make progress.

This is also an incomplete list. It's hours before we leave and I'm still not decided on most of my books. Oops?

Odds and Ends

I'm on vacation this week! I'm off with my parents' and younger brother to an internet-less (mostly) trip to the Poconos. Hopefully lots of reading and good food and really fun activities I've never done before (and some I have). 

--Julie
 
Lanna

Book Haul:

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins 
A Whole New Crowd by Tijan (for review)
Come Back To Me by Mila Gray (for review)

Books Read:

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour (review will be up on Monday) 
Heir of Fire (well, currently reading this one, not finished yet)

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.