Sunday, 31 August 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (8)

On the Blog

Tuesday: Lanna's talking about books she doesn't own yet but wants
Thursday: Lanna has mixed thoughts on A WHOLE NEW CROWD by Tijan

Julie

Book Haul


Magnolia by Kristi Cook (ebook via library)
Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross (egalley via publisher on Netgalley)
Love and Other Theories by Alexis Bass (egalley via publisher on Edelweiss)
Lies I Told by Michelle Zink (egalley via publisher on Edelweiss)
Twisted Fate by Norah Olson (egalley via publisher on Edelweiss)
The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows (egalley sample via publisher on Edelweiss)
The Viscount Who Lived Down the Lane by Elizabeth Boyle (egalley via publisher on Edelweiss)
The Duke's Guide to Correct Behavior by Megan Frampton (egalley via publisher on Edelweiss)

So...I went a little crazy again. But I mean...Harper did it! And I LOVED KILL ME SOFTLY, so I needed the sequel. And I've been feeling VERY romance-y lately so, these will come in handy.

Books Read

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Heir of Fire by Sarah Maas

Finally finished with OUTLANDER. And man did I LOVE it. Don't be surprised to see the next book in a book haul very soon. And then I immediately picked up HEIR OF FIRE so I could have it read before her launch party. And OH MY JESUS this book. If y'all haven't read it/ordered it, I hope you're picking it up Tuesday.

So while both books are heavy in romance, you can probably understand why I really need short, actual romance novels at the moment. I may not read anything more than 300 pages (as a full size paperback/hardcover) for a while.
 
Upcoming Reads


Romances! All the romances! I'm borrowing a book from a friend this weekend and also I have these egalleys. Also maybe I'll start school reading. If my school has finally applied my bookstore scholarship money and I can actually buy my books. We'll see.

Odds and Ends 

I ended up only having one class this week since we started Thursday and not Monday like I thought. And while it started off as kind of a miserable day, I came home, took a nap, then got an internship offer and went to a Mets game with a friend.

As for my internship - I'll be doing publicity work for two adult nonfiction imprints at Penguin! Last semester, I avoided doing any promotion for Macmillan titles during my internship, but I do already have some reviews ready and some blog-tour-esque things I agreed to well in advance. So, those will be laden down with extra disclaimers, but here's an extra little one in advance. 

So, how was your week?

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.