Sunday, 7 September 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (9)

On the Blog


Julie

Book Haul



Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (hardcover purchased at Books of Wonder for signing)
Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (hardcover purchased at Books of Wonder for signing)
Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (hardcover purchased at Books of Wonder for signing)
The Bride Says No by Cathy Maxwell (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Romancing the Duke by Tessa Dare (ebook purchased from Amazon)
Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay (egalley from publisher via Netgalley)
Suspicion by Alexandra Monir (egalley from publisher via Netgalley) 
Stay With Me by J. Lynn (egalley from publisher via Netgalley for blog tour)
Plus all these for school


Shockingly enough, the only physical copies I had of the Throne of Glass series were the original hardcover of ToG and the ARC of Crown of Midnight, so I went ahead and bought all the pretty, matching hardcovers at her launch party. Someday when my room is neater and I can dig the books back out, I'll show you how she signed them.

Then there was an epic romance ebook sale (that's still going on) and some REALLY old review requests approved and STAY WITH ME. Y'ALL. I NEED ALL THE J. LYNN BOOKS ALL THE TIME.

Books Read

 

Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren
The Secret Sky by Atia Abawi
The Jewel by Amy Ewing


 
I was able to borrow a copy of DIRTY ROWDY THING from a friend, but had to give it back the next day. You all should pre-order it though. And I'm still working on my feelings for The Secret Sky and The Jewel.

Upcoming Reads


Stay with Me by J. Lynn
My True Love Gave to Me
Magnolia by Kristi Cook
As You Like It by Shakespeare
The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison

Stay with Me will probably be later in the week since I usually have a hard time putting J. Lynn books down. My True Love Gave to Me is an anthology I've been picking my way through this week. I stopped myself before my most anticipated story so I'd get all my work done, but then I can continue picking and I'll probably finish this week. Magnolia is a library book that's due soon-ish, but fortunately it's a quick read.

As You Like It and The Bluest Eye are for my Shakespeare and Toni Morrison classes. We're supposed to read one book for each class about every two weeks, so I'll be making my way through those. All my other readings are actual textbooks or...I don't have the book because the bookstore sold out and I only just realized how much I needed THAT one. Oops

Odds and Ends 

School has actually started now. It's probably the most reading-intensive semester I'm going to have, but all my professors seem at least decent and the material manageable. I had some issues getting textbooks that are still being sorted out and I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the whole food situation since 9 hours is a LONG time to be on campus and not eat. It's only gotten worse now that so many professors (4 out of 5) have asked me to bring books to class PLUS all my stuff I need (notebooks, pens, folders, wallet, keys, headphones, chargers, etc.) PLUS food. There's no bag big enough. Also my shoulders might break. But you know, no big deal.

I also saw Begin Again on Monday and man, guys. It's instantly taken over my favorite movies. It's probably my favorite of the year and definitely in the all times list. I bought the soundtrack within a few hours of seeing it and it's all I've listened to this week. HIGHLY recommend you see it if it's still in theaters near you and definitely buy the soundtrack. Then delete all the gross Cee Lo songs from it.

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. So many books! Plus books for school! I considered Princess of Thorns but then didn't request because I really have too many e-galleys right now as it is.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.