Sunday, 5 October 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (13)

On the Blog

Tuesday: Julie babbles about the awesome of LIES WE TELL OURSELVES
Wednesday: Lanna ventures into CITY OF FALLEN ANGELS

Julie

Book Haul


The Princess Spy by Melanie Dickerson (egalley via publisher on Netgalley)
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch (hardcover purchased at Books of Wonder)
The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak (hardcover via work)
Cat Napped by Leeza Hernandez (hardcover via work)
Everybody Knows Your Name by Andrea Seigel and Brent Bradshaw (ARC via work)
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (ARC via work)
Silent Alarm by Jennifer Banash (ARC via work)
The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall (ARC via work)

Working in publishing is dangerous, guys. So very dangerous.

Books Read

The Book with No Pictures by B.J. Novak
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
Cat Napped by Leeza Hernandez

I don't know why I'm suddenly really interested in picture books, BUT the B.J. Novak book was delivered to everyone in our company, so I read it and adored it, then I was helping a friend with some packaging and there was an extra copy of Cat Napped and it was SO CUTE. So freaking cute guys. 

I also wanted to make sure I finished Snow Like Ashes before her signing Thursday and it was SO GOOD. I did not expect to love it as much as I did, but seriously, guys, you need this book.
 

Upcoming Reads

The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
Winterspell by Claire Legrand
Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
Some Shakespeare play I haven't looked up yet

I'm actually almost done with The Conspiracy of Us (and might be done by time you read this) and I'm still working through Winterspell - I'll probably make a ton of progress this week because of NYCC. And of course, school reading. I'm in the middle of a couple of other books as well, but I don't see myself actively reading those this week.

Odds and Ends 

NYCC is coming! I'm going Friday-Sunday and my sister and her friend are coming to town and my roommate's going and some of my really good friends are going and I'm EXCITED. But I also know this week will be crazy busy - I've got all my classes and their work, I've got my actual job twice, there are two book launch parties I plan to go to, and I need to finish up an editing job, all before Friday. The upside of this being super crazy? Next week will still have all the crazy school/work/editing/social events going on, but shortened since we have Monday off and I'm going back to my parents' next weekend PLUS it can be a low-stress weekend for the first time in ages! So, I'm embracing the crazy in the name of a break coming soon. Will I be seeing any of you around at the events this week/NYCC? Anything you're super stoked about?

--Julie

1 comment:

  1. Nice haul of books. I also happened to pick up Snow Like Ashes at Books of Wonder. Have a lovely weekend with your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.