Sunday, 12 October 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (14)

On the Blog

Monday: Lanna has a new favorite book



Julie

Book Haul



While Beauty Slept by Elizabeth Blackwell (paperback via work)
The Young Elites by Marie Lu (hardcover bought at Books of Wonder for signing)
Everly After by Rebecca Paula (egalley via publicity company)
All Broke Down by Cora Carmack (egalley via publicist/Edelweiss)
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers (ebook via Netgalley)
The Shadow Princess by Mary Hart Perry (ebook free on Amazon)


The take shelves, guys. The take shelves.


And I LOVED The Young Elites, so I bought a copy at Marie's launch party. Everly After is an amazing sounding New Adult and the author passed on my email to her publicity company when I mentioned wanting it. And I do HAVE a copy of Dark Triumph...I just honestly don't know where it is. But it and Grave Mercy (which I LOVED) are (were?) Read Now titles on Netgalley, so I took the opportunity to get a copy I can locate.


NYCC

I'm currently tired and sick and it's Saturday night and I have to be up at 4:15 because my Roommate and I have a game plan that means being at NYCC by 6 am tomorrow. SO, you guys get pictures of what I have so far and if you can't make out the titles...sorry. I'll list and link with next week's haul.



Day 1 Haul


Day 2 Haul

 


















Books Read



The Conspiracy of Us by Maggie Hall
All Fall Down by Ally Carter


These are two excellent 2015 books and if they aren't on your radar yet, they should be.
 
Upcoming Reads


All Broke Down by Cora Carmack
Sublime by Christina Lauren
Othello by Shakespeare

I'm currently reading All Broke Down (and since it's been my NYCC-line-sitting-read and I'll be doing that a LOT tomorrow, I might finish it). I'm also rereading Sublime because I read it about 6 months ago and it comes out on Tuesday so...I'd like to have a better memory of it for reviewing purposes. Plus I figured a reread would be less stress on my brain. Othello is the next book in my Shakespeare class and we're still working on Song of Solomon in my other class. I'd have to read more, but I got ahead and we only have one day of classes this week, so I won't need to read it.

Beyond those, which I only need for the first part of the week, I'm not sure! I'm visiting my parents this weekend, so I'll get to see what's showed up at their house in the past 6 weeks. And I have SO many books I'm stoked about I just don't want to pressure myself to pick anything yet.

Odds and Ends 

You clearly picked up bits and pieces from what's above - I'm sick! I'm at NYCC! I'm visiting my parents next week! All of this means I've been EXTRA busy. I'm approaching midterms at school and I had to skip working Fridays this week and next week, so I'm working Thursdays instead, meaning I lose my only free day, so there's so little free time. Fortunately, I do have Monday off, so I can get lots of rest and lots of work done from my bed. I'll also be able to relax a ton while at my parents' - brand new bed, cat cuddles, stocking up on supplies, having a TV...it'll be good times.

And with that, it's almost midnight and I'm looking at 4.5 hours of sleep (don't worry, I accidentally took a 3 hour nap a bit ago).

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.