Friday, 19 December 2014

Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord by Sarah MacLean

Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord
by Sarah MacLean

Summary: Since being named on of London’s “Lords to Land” by a popular ladies’ magazine, Nicholas St. John has been relentlessly pursued by every matrimony-minded female in the ton. So when an opportunity to escape fashionable society presents itself, he eagerly jumps—only to land in the path of the most determined, damnably delicious woman he’s ever met!

The daughter of a titled wastrel, Lady Isabel Townsend has too many secrets and too little money. Though used to taking care of herself quite handily, her father’s recent passing has left Isabel at sea and in need of outside help to protect her young brother’s birthright. The sinfully handsome, eminently eligible Lord Nicholas could be the very salvation she seeks.

But the lady must be wary and not do anything reckless…like falling madly, passionately in love.
I'm annoyed with myself that it took me so long to give historical romance a chance, because I've been missing out on books like this one. Julie told me this series was great and I definitely concur. Of all the historical romance I've read so far, this series is definitely one of the best (this is the second book, but it's more companion novel than direct sequel).

I didn't love this one quite as much as I did the first book, but I still loved it quite a bit. The characters were great--especially Isabel, she was stubborn (to a fault sometimes) and strong and a total lioness when it came to protecting the people and things she cared about. And the cast of side characters were great too.

The romance made me smile and it made me laugh and I shipped Isabel and Nick so hard (the only issue I had with it was that it made me cringe at times when he would call her "beauty" or things like that because while some girls may find that romantic and swoon-worthy, I just don't handle that level of cheesy well at all).

If you like historical romance and haven't read this series, I really recommend it. And if you haven't read historical romance because, like me, you thought it wasn't your thing, I still really recommend it (perhaps these will prove you wrong).

And that's all I have to say really. Sarah MacLean is quickly becoming one of my favourite historical romance writers. I'd rate the book 4.5 stars out of 5 (and now I kind of want to go on a historical romance binge...damn).

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.