Sunday, 7 December 2014

Weekly Wrap-Up (21)

 On the Blog



Julie

Book Haul



Hear Me by Viv Daniels (egalley via Netgalley)
Inspire by Cora Carmack (egalley via publicist)
Monkey and Duck Quack Up by Jennifer Hamburg (ARC via publicist)
Down for the Count by Christine Bell (freebie on Kindle)
Seduction and Surrender by Cali McKay (freebie on Kindle)
The Star Thief by Jamie Grey (freebie on Kindle)
My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins (UK edition via work)


So this week, I picked up some New Adult I'm psyched for, a random picture book, and a couple freebies. Two of them were actually from last week, but it was late-ish so I didn't get around to adding them. My True Love Gave to Me is one I already had but 9 of the authors did an event at the bookstore I'm working at and some UK copies showed up and since that edition is GORGEOUS, I totally took advantage of the extras.

I also got a few books for Christmas presents but you know...they're presents. 


Books Read

 

Monkey and Duck Quack Up by Jennifer Hamburg
Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge


I read Monkey and Duck since it was a picture book and it was pretty cute. But Crimson Bound? Man CRIMSON BOUND. There will be much gushing soon.
 
Upcoming Reads


...I'm working on a few books but...it's finals time. This is my last full week of classes. I'm not counting on finishing anything.

Odds and Ends 

As mentioned, I'm working at a bookstore! I started at McNally Jackson yesterday. I'm seasonal help, pretty much doing gift wrapping and anything else they might need, but it's still fun to actually work in a bookstore.

How did everybody else's week go?

--Julie

Lanna:

Book haul

I actually ordered most of these back in December, they just took a while to get here.
 

For review




The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski (from Netgalley) - Loved the first book, hopefully this is just as good.

Bought

The Twilight Saga Official Illustrated Guide by Stephenie Meyer - I have mixed feelings about the Twilight series (the books, I have more issues with the movies), but I did really enjoy the first three books. Someone on youtube was talking Twilight nostalgia and mentioned the guide, and it made me kind of want to read it.

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski - Been meaning to read this forever, finally getting round to it.

The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - I have yet to read a book of hers I didn't enjoy.

The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Finally! I loved the first book then had issues finding the rest of the series here (and I ordered the books but the seller screwed up and had to cancel the order so I had to find them somewhere else, gah!).

Cycles by Lois D. Brown (free Kindle book) - No clue what this one is about really, downloaded it on a whim.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.