Sunday, 21 December 2014

Weekly Wrap Up (22)

On the Blog




Julie

Book Haul



Yes Please by Amy Poehler (finished copy purchased from B&N with gift card)
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (finished copy purchased from B&N with gift card)
If Wishes Were Earls by Elizabeth Boyle (finished copy purchased from B&N with gift card)
How to Beguile a Duke by Ally Broadfield (ebook bought from Amazon on sale)

Kissing Ted Callahan by Amy Spalding (ARC via publisher)
Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein (egalley via Netgalley) 
I Loved a Rogue by Katherine Ashe (egalley via Edelweiss)
Dear Malala, We Stand With You by Rosemary McCarney (finished copy via publisher)
This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl (finished copy via publisher)

A few birthday presents to myself, and some excellent finds from publishers made for a pretty great two weeks!

Books Read


Yes Please by Amy Poehler
Stray by Elissa Sussman

If you looked at our top picks, you know I LOVED Yes Please. An excellent, thought provoking read. I also really enjoyed Stray, but not quite as much, and I look forward to checking out the sequel.

I started a bunch of books in the past two weeks but nothing was working. Which is when I realized I'd been having a hard time finishing books for awhile so clearly it was time to read some romance novels. I'm working on two right now and I'll probably be done with at least one by tonight.
 
Upcoming Reads


??????

Ahh, the freedom of holiday breaks

Odds and Ends 

This was a weird week filled with a lot of sleep and Gilmore Girls. But tomorrow I finally, FINALLY, officially finish my semester and maybe things will start to be normal again.

--Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.