Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Onyx by Jennifer L Armentrout

Note: The cover below is actually a bind up of the first two books (it's impossible to find the individual editions in the UK now) and it has a bunch of bonus content at the end (mostly scenes from Daemons POV).


Onyx
by Jennifer L Armentrout


Summary: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks… Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes… I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
I absolutely loved the first book in this series -- it's one of the first books in a long time that have been able to recreate the same sort of feelings I had when I first read the Twilight series (think what you want about Twilight, but when the books first came out, they were addictive and it was so easy to get swept up into the fandom). The second book could've been such a let down after the expectations the first one set,but it wasn't, I loved it.

It wasn't quite as good as the first book because the story seemed to lag a little bit in the beginning, but once the pace started to pick up, it was excellent. And most of all, I still loved the characters--Katy and Daemon were great (both together and as individuals), and relationships like theirs are one of my favourite kind to read about...the kind that are made up of like 50% teasing banter, 50% crazy about each other.

The plot in this one got more complex too and I'm really liking the direction it's heading so I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

I think that's all I have to say about this one. I'd rate it 4 out of 5 stars, it has really cemented this series's place on my favourites shelf (and the authors place on my insta-read list...I need all of her books now).

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.