Thursday, 19 February 2015

All Fall Down by Ally Carter

Note: this is the UK cover (although, I prefer the US one)

All Fall Down
by Ally Carter


Summary: Grace can best be described as a daredevil, an Army brat, and a rebel. She is also the only granddaughter of perhaps the most powerful ambassador in the world and Grace has spent every summer of her childhood running across the roofs of Embassy Row.

Now, at age sixteen, she's come back to stay - in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. In the process, she uncovers an international conspiracy of unsettling proportions, and must choose her friends and watch her foes carefully if she and the world are to be saved.
 
This is probably one of the most frustrating and infuriating books I've read in a while...and I pretty much loved it.

Now, when I say it was frustrating and infuriating, I mean that in a good way--I got so invested in the story and cared about the main character so much that I got so mad about the way she was treated in the book (even if I could understand the other side of the coin, it was her head I was in so it's her I sympathised with most).

The characters were my favourite part. Grace was smart and funny and kind of reckless, and she was damaged by what she'd gone through but was a really strong character and I liked that a lot--I liked that it showed you could have your issues and it doesn't necessarily make you a weak person. And I loved that she stood up for herself and other people. And the side characters were great, Megan, Noah, Rosie and Alexei were awesome (I hope there's a lot more of them in the sequels).

The plot was really addictive too (and the setting was awesome). The only part of the book I didn't love was the ending really, for two reasons (which I'll explain as best I can without spoilers)...I didn't love the way a certain plot point played out. It was well written and probably a more original way to go, but it was less satisfying. I respect the choice to take it that way, I just liked it less than I would've if it had gone the way we're supposed to expect it to, is what I'm trying to say. But that could change with the next book, I do really look forward to seeing how it all plays out in the sequel.

Also, I just really was not in the mood for a book with a cliffhanger, especially because I enjoyed the book so much that it just makes me want the sequel right now.

That's all I have to say really. The book was awesome and I'd rate it 4.5 stars out of 5.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.