Sunday, 22 February 2015

Weekly Wrap Up (29)

On the Blog:


Julie

Book Haul


All the Rage by Courtney Summers

Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
Rebound by Noelle August
Stealing Rose by Monica Murphy
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill

--Julie



Lanna:
Well then, it's been a while since I've done one of these. I'll try not to mention books I've already included in another book haul.

Book Haul

Bought



The Dark Room by Rachel Seiffert - I actually got this one because I loved the movie adaptation (the movie is called Lore and I think it's German but it's on Netflix with subtitles). I'm not sure if the book will be as good though, because it tells three characters while the movie was just about one, a girl named Lore, but it tells the story of the war from a POV I'd never seen before.

Review books



The Bell Between Worlds by Ian Johnstone - I don't know if I want to read this one, I've seen mixed reviews and it doesn't sound like my kind of thing, but I might give it a try at some point when I have time.

The Bees by Laline Paull - This one sounds bizarre and, again, not really my kind of thing, but the reviews of it are good so I'll probably give it a try at some point.


The Magnificent Lizzie Brown and the Mysterious Phantom by Vicki Lockwood - I actually gave this one to my niece, it's randomly showed up but I don't think I'd enjoy it. If I'd read it when I was in my early teens, maybe, but not now.

Netgalley

Me and Mr J by Rachel McIntyre - A positive review of this made me want to read it, hopefully I'll get to it before it gets archived (I think I have about a week left).

Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein - I've loved every book of hers that I've read so far, so hopefully this one continues her winning streak.

E-books

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - I got the urge to read this because a song from the musical (Astonishing) has been stuck in my head for ages, but the version I have is a little abridged copy so I got the full one on e-book just to see if I like it.

Wicked by Jennifer L Armentrout - I got this because her Lux series has made me want to read everything she's ever published...I want to get the physical copy, but it's so expensive in the UK so I'm going to wait and if I love it, I'll get a paperback at some point too.

And I think that's everything. Right now, I'm trying to finish Cinder and it's pretty good but I'm not quite seeing what all the hype is about just get (it may just be a genre thing though--I'm still pretty burned out on books with that dystopia feel).

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to Home Back to Top Bloggers Heart Books. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.